Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   Help. Right way to remove bird crap (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/help-right-way-to-remove-bird-crap-10405.html)

gc4x4 06-17-2010 03:40 PM

Help. Right way to remove bird crap

My jeep is brillant black and I know from experience that chryslers black paint scratches easily, so what is the best and safe way to remove bird crap without hurting the paint? Thanks

DJ BoNiOmArIo 06-17-2010 04:08 PM

Re: Help. Right way to remove bird crap

throw water at it ... at least that's what i do

Scottina06 06-17-2010 05:41 PM

soak it with water or quick detailer

TampaSrt8 06-18-2010 07:01 AM

Soak a towel with water and let it sit on the bird crap for a while. You want to make sure you soften everything as much as you can.

When you go to remove it try to dab it up. Try not to rub it as bird eat a lot of things with small seeds and that is what will cause scratches.

Once you clean it off put a coat of wax on as the acdic content can eat your wax.

I always keep quick detailer and a MF towel in the vehicle so I can remove it as soon as possible.

Good luck!

B.P.O.D 06-22-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TampaSrt8 (Post 223708)
Soak a towel with water and let it sit on the bird crap for a while. You want to make sure you soften everything as much as you can.

When you go to remove it try to dab it up. Try not to rub it as bird eat a lot of things with small seeds and that is what will cause scratches.

Once you clean it off put a coat of wax on as the acdic content can eat your wax.

I always keep quick detailer and a MF towel in the vehicle so I can remove it as soon as possible.

Good luck!

perfect answer!

eddiefig 06-22-2010 06:24 PM

Brillo!!

maxst2 06-22-2010 07:10 PM

XD brillo... nice

I soak mine up then wipe it off. Most the time I just wait for car wash and blast it with a hose.

Scottina06 06-22-2010 07:34 PM

Just spit on it and wipe it with a mcdonalds napkin

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

Walt 06-23-2010 06:43 PM

Just don't throw it out!

A mixture of bird crap, spider doo-doo, and insect guts from your windshield makes a wonderfully strong and durable super glue. :lol:

:joke:

BLACK DOG 08-25-2010 03:07 PM

Always get it off ASAP stop at nearest gas station and flood with water hose.

BillC 08-25-2010 03:25 PM

I'm going to be rich! I've invented a device that when a bird craps on your truck, it will catch it before it hits the paint and shoots it right back up the birds' bunghole. (wish it were true!)

TJXJWJ 09-10-2010 08:14 AM

That would be awesome...while you do that I'll see if I can invent some way to electrify the exterior sheet metal to shock the hell out of anyone that touches it.