Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   New Projector retrofit kit for WK $250. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/new-projector-retrofit-kit-for-wk-250-a-10421.html)

White WK Swagga 06-18-2010 10:02 AM

New Projector retrofit kit for WK $250.

Found this. Not sure how well it'll work. Purchased a HID kit from this co. for my friends RAM. Works perfect and was shipped fast. Lets discuss what you think about this. I'd like to try it. I'm just worried about the projector lense being too small.

http://shop.3bspecialties.com/3BSpec...1Projector.htm

kerndone 06-18-2010 06:31 PM

Re: New Projector retrofit kit for WK $250.

I really like the simplistic approach to the retrofit. However, I'm not sure of the quality of the projectors themselves. I suppose its just like the PNP HID kits, there is a broad range of quality with those.

I just installed an Extreme HID kit in my WK and I am not ecstatic with the turnout. I see hot spots and glare all over the place but it'll do until I can piece together a good retrofit. I'm waiting to see the results of robpp's headlights. I'd also love to see some aftermarket housings for the '08 and up housings so I can crack open an extra set and do a good retrofit without having to rush things by not having any headlights.

White WK Swagga 06-18-2010 06:41 PM

Cool. What happen to Robs post?

SvenskaJeepGuy 06-18-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerndone (Post 223932)
I really like the simplistic approach to the retrofit. However, I'm not sure of the quality of the projectors themselves. I suppose its just like the PNP HID kits, there is a broad range of quality with those.

I just installed an Extreme HID kit in my WK and I am not ecstatic with the turnout. I see hot spots and glare all over the place but it'll do until I can piece together a good retrofit. I'm waiting to see the results of robpp's headlights. I'd also love to see some aftermarket housings for the '08 and up housings so I can crack open an extra set and do a good retrofit without having to rush things by not having any headlights.

why not just buy some 08+ oem hids?

kerndone 06-18-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 223935)
why not just buy some 08+ oem hids?

I would not mind OEM housings, but they are kind of pricey. I can retrofit better projectors for less money. I'm not going to hound car-part for OEM HIDs; I can barely keep up with my fantasy baseball team let alone search for good deals on headlights! Plus, if I found a good deal tomorrow, I simply could not afford them. I'll see how the summer plays out; OEM lights would be the simplest approach.

StoneCold 06-18-2010 08:53 PM

So am I right in thinking that this slots into the existing housing? Kinda cool.

robpp 06-18-2010 09:11 PM

i worry about the quality bro.

im waiting on vids of my solution....... and its all high class HID stuff bro.

Scottina06 06-18-2010 10:02 PM

they are EASY to find...08+ HID's that is. HELL...there was a complete set on here last week that sold for $375 shipped..............

kerndone 06-18-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 223978)
they are EASY to find...08+ HID's that is. HELL...there was a complete set on here last week that sold for $375 shipped..............

WHAT! I can afford that. I guess I need to put my ear to the ground and start looking. I saw your set go for $725 shipped a bit ago. That was a bit too steep for me. Coincidentally, I bought the Extreme HID kit the same day I saw yours were sold for that price.

SvenskaJeepGuy 06-18-2010 10:13 PM

i just bought a pair for around that price too, they are much cheaper than they were just 6 months ago when i first started looking.

GR33N D3M0N 06-18-2010 10:46 PM

:threadhijack:i think it looks pretty legit....i found the projectors, without HIDs for 160...so 250 sounds great if its including HIDs, but the set for 160 are bixenon projectors!

SvenskaJeepGuy 06-19-2010 12:05 AM

arent bixenon hids?