Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   dropped jeep, alignment trouble (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/dropped-jeep-alignment-trouble-10446.html)

BDP08 06-19-2010 04:14 PM

dropped jeep, alignment trouble

i just dropped the jeep, and had it aligned but I am being told that I need a camber kit for the left side tire. wth? I drove it around the blck and the car still pulls right though. the guy said I could come back if anything. Im having one of my boys friend look at at my car though and see if theyre bullshiting me or what can be done.

I just dont want my left tire to be eaten. will post up pics later on before after drop, and my rims are finally finished.

any info is helpfull, thanks

robpp 06-19-2010 04:16 PM

Re: dropped jeep, alignment trouble

lets trade info bro......\

so you lowered it.....how? what lowering setup?

as you can see on here there are MANY lowereed Jeeps, not one I can recall has NEEDED a camber kit????

BDP08 06-19-2010 04:21 PM

yeah i did, i used the stock srt springs. they showed me the printouts and they also said my wheel was leaning in. by the way my two fron tires are thinner then the back. the only solution for now the guy said was to switch the front tires. but they would have to take of the rim and switch the tires so the tires rotation would be correct.

BDP08 06-19-2010 04:29 PM

my bad i didnt mean to confuse anyone, but the camber kit trouble is not due to me dropping my car. I was just saying i dropped my car but when i went to align it they told me about it. does that help a lil??

robpp 06-19-2010 04:56 PM

im confused.

you used srt8 springs on a WK, right? that shouldnt require any kit.

what size wheels and tires? srt8 have 9 inch front 10 inch rear and they get alignments.

BDP08 06-19-2010 05:05 PM

My bad, i will try and provide the most info as possible.

yes, i used srt8 springs, no that didnt require no kit. just the springs

i have 22inch ACE EXECUTIVE RIMS they are staggered. 22x9 in the front and 22x 10.5

robpp 06-19-2010 05:10 PM

ok bro, even with the springs and those wheels they should be able to align it fine.

lots of others have that set up.

do the wheels stick way out of the frnders?

point is, like I said lots of others have same or similar setups and alignments seem to go OK withany any camder correction kits?

is there something that makes your jeep that much different from all the others?

if not, then i thin kyou need a diff alignment place.

BDP08 06-19-2010 05:28 PM

yeah they did align the back, and the front right. but what was concerning to me was they said i need a "camber kit" he said i must have hit a pothole, or while on a lift or tow truck or some examples.

they barely stick out, the back tires stick out maybe an inch.

but like i said my truck after the alignment still pulls right! but the guy said i just need to take the front tires off the rims and swap them. he said it had to do something with the tire thread, because whoever put my tires on my rims didnt do it carefully. And he cant just switch the two front tires with the rims off altogether because the rotation of the tires itself wouldnt be in the right direction.

XXX007 06-19-2010 05:31 PM

If I follow you correctly you are saying one of your tires is already worn on the left side and they can fix it with that camber kit or rotate the right tire ti the left side and let them wear correctly?

BDP08 06-19-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXX007 (Post 224194)
If I follow you correctly you are saying one of your tires is already worn on the left side and they can fix it with that Canberra kit or rotate the right tire ti the left side and let them wear correctly?

pretty much!!! thats exactly what they meant.

but was is this cam kit that they are suggestin or they mentioned, do i reaallllly need it? i dont want to wear out my tires quick either

XXX007 06-19-2010 05:39 PM

If you do the quick fix I don't think it is a permanent solution...from the sound of it they are saying something was damaged or knocked out of alignment so bad they cannot make the adjustment necessary without some kit...which i do not have any knowledge of...sorry.

mandan007 06-19-2010 05:49 PM

This is what my left front tire looks like at 19k miles on my lowered SRT8. If you keep stock springs you can do camber -.25 to solve the problem. Lowered can only go -.9 and then you need a adjustable camber kit, which isn't available for us. :(

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...eration002.jpg