Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Jet TSTAT 180 installed (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/jet-tstat-180-installed-10514.html)

ChrisWk 06-21-2010 08:08 PM

Jet TSTAT 180 installed

Well, I installed the jet 180 tstat in my 5.7l very easy to do. It took about 15 mins. More engine mods to come.

Chriswk

maxst2 06-21-2010 10:01 PM

Re: Jet TSTAT 180 installed

gratz! 5.7L is wayyyyy easier to do than the 4.7L

ChrisWk 06-21-2010 11:16 PM

It is alot easier I was looking at the 4.7 threads on the install, I was like that does not look like a fun install. I was reading on the red site about air in the line so I turned the cap and a big bubble came up in the resvoir.

Denny boy 06-22-2010 02:06 AM

try it on the 5.2 (omg it sucks). but hows it working for you?

bullet700 06-25-2010 12:46 PM

so the TSTAT replacement, isit a performace mod, as in to increase performace? or is it just something that wore out and you needed to replace it?

08Hemi 06-25-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisWk (Post 225045)
It is alot easier I was looking at the 4.7 threads on the install, I was like that does not look like a fun install. I was reading on the red site about air in the line so I turned the cap and a big bubble came up in the resvoir.

I am getting ready to do this soon...did you turn your radiator cap to get the air out? Prolly a dumb question but I want to do this right. Did you follow Frankie's instructions on here? Like you said, for the 5.7 it seems like it will be fairly easy but I am the kind of person that would ask a question as I was getting ready to jump out of a plane, even if I already went over eveything on the ground HAHAHA

Also, can someone post the coolant make/part #'s for the 5.7? I am thinking I will just add whatever comes out rather than put the old back in. Thoughts?

Chaoul1 06-25-2010 01:54 PM

Here you go Brad: http://www.valvoline.com/products/br.../antifreeze/42

ChrisWk 06-25-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Hemi (Post 226624)
I am getting ready to do this soon...did you turn your radiator cap to get the air out? Prolly a dumb question but I want to do this right. Did you follow Frankie's instructions on here? Like you said, for the 5.7 it seems like it will be fairly easy but I am the kind of person that would ask a question as I was getting ready to jump out of a plane, even if I already went over eveything on the ground HAHAHA

Also, can someone post the coolant make/part #'s for the 5.7? I am thinking I will just add whatever comes out rather than put the old back in. Thoughts?

Well I turn the cap to get the air out the next day I drove it because it was going up to 210 in traffic then going back to 185 I let it cool down to about 110 then turned cap and a big bubble came up in the resovir and it was all good. You will not need to get any coolant unless you are low now I just used what came out in the zip lock bag. There is a good thread on the install on the 4.7l. I feel the better pick up with it installed in the heat Atlanta days , like you feel in the fall season. Good Luck.

ChriswK

08Hemi 06-25-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 226654)

Awesome thanks Paul

Quote:

Well I turn the cap to get the air out the next day I drove it because it was going up to 210 in traffic then going back to 185 I let it cool down to about 110 then turned cap and a big bubble came up in the resovir and it was all good. You will not need to get any coolant unless you are low now I just used what came out in the zip lock bag. There is a good thread on the install on the 4.7l. I feel the better pick up with it installed in the heat Atlanta days , like you feel in the fall season. Good Luck.
Thanks Chris...just what I needed to hear! So far you are happy with the 180 tstat?

eddiefig 06-25-2010 07:11 PM

Are you guys changing the fan settings with a Diablo? I think you're defeating the purpose if you dont.