Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   led tailights (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/led-tailights-10532.html)

sweetjeep99 06-22-2010 07:01 PM

led tailights

need help with tailights. i just bought led altezza tailights put them in everything works but my parking lights plus my front halo or parking lights dont work. would that be a fuse. & all the fuse boxes are under the hood. wish fuse would it be. any help would be app. thanks sweetjeep99@yahoo.com

SvenskaJeepGuy 06-22-2010 08:38 PM

Re: led tailights

on the lid of the fuse box is a diagram which shows what each fuse does. there is also a fuse box under the steering wheel area.

sweetjeep99 06-22-2010 08:56 PM

i keep puting fuses in & they keep blowing. there is 2 fuse boxes under the hood so there is still another fuse box under the steering wheel.this is starting to drive me nuts. got the parking lights to work then the brake lights blow out , then get the brake lights to work then the parking lights blow out. i dont know what to do. i am lost.:confused::confused::confused: PLEASE HELP. :confused::confused::confused: sweetjeep99@yahoo.com

BlackedOutWK 06-23-2010 08:10 AM

there is either a short or you aren't disconnecting the negative side of your battery before doing it.

White Chocolate 06-23-2010 09:26 AM

Yep, check for a short within the wires. Something is going on, check the wires

AB Jeepster 06-23-2010 01:17 PM

sounds like it is grounding out someplace..... perhaps a slice in the wire contacting the frame.....

ltdan 06-23-2010 10:24 PM

Check the wiring in the new lights for a short, especially if they were lower priced eBay options.

robpp 06-23-2010 11:11 PM

first off, you MUST disconnect the neg terminal fromthe battery before attempting to connect anything.

then give us some more details, pics would be nice. you are NOT the first with led tails so lets not panic.

now what Jeep is this for?? a wk?? WE MUST HAVE THE YEAR? or for something else??/ we need to know.

lets start with that if you want some help.

sweetjeep99 06-24-2010 01:31 PM

it for a 06 laredo , the LED lights are the Altezza , bought them from KB CAR STUFF. try messing with them yesterday until the part you plug into the LED spot started melting. so i took them back out & put the fatory ones back in. i have another plug for it. then today on my way to work a deer ran out in front of me & broke my front grille. so now i have to buy a new one of them. if i didnt have bad luck i wouldnt have no luck at all. so im going to tryin put the srt grille on there if it will fit. thanks guys. sweetjeep99@yahoo.com

robpp 06-24-2010 01:51 PM

i would contact kbcarstuff. that xenon depot here.

sounds like a bad klight. o nthe 06 its just plug anfd play.

srt8 grille. the painted parts are all the same. the plastic parts are too expcept for the mesh. so it fits perfectly. just dont get an 08+ grille those are diff from 05-07

sweetjeep99 06-24-2010 02:31 PM

yeah i pm Steve from Xexon Depot & told him what was happening so he said he would get ahold of one of the techs from KB CAR STUFF & as soon as he finds out anything he would pm me back. haven heard anything yet. that was yesterday. guess if i havent heard nothing by tomorrow i will pm him back. thanks

robpp 06-24-2010 03:24 PM

yeah, so you plugged them in and the melted the plug when you put them on?

its something in the light