Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   RKE Module Quit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/rke-module-quit-10618.html)

sunygolf@msn.com 06-26-2010 10:26 AM

RKE Module Quit

2008 GC anybody else get the damaged key note on both keys. Doors unlock, remote start won't work, and won't start with key in the ignition.

Armen

Scottina06 06-27-2010 12:08 AM

Re: RKE Module Quit

try reseting the system. Disconnect5 the negative terminal on the battery and pump the brake pedal a couple times...

sunygolf@msn.com 06-27-2010 12:47 PM

Tired that. The first day it crashed I disconnected the battery and grounded it out and it started but nothing since then.

Any other ideas?

Scottina06 06-27-2010 04:27 PM

do you have warranty left?

sunygolf@msn.com 06-28-2010 12:41 AM

Nope

shaeger 09-28-2010 02:31 PM

Anyone have any other ideas on this issue? I'm having the same problem with both keys, and am being told I will have to have it towed to the dealer, some 30 miles away. The keyless works, so I don't understand the issue..

dhillon09 09-30-2010 01:35 PM

Happened to my brothers car. Try this, there's a fuse in your fusebox you can pull to fix this .. let me see if I can find the link ...

its called the Ignition Off Draw .. this was on my brothers 300C but should be the same on your jeep,

Quote:

We've seen a rash of failing Wireless Control Module's lately. It's the module that controls security and other features mounted on the key cylinder and it will cause exactly that symptom..
Try This.
Remove the IOD fuse, It's the fuse enclosed in a black or clear holder in the fuse block in the trunk. It wont come all the way out, just squeeze the tabs on the sides and lift it up about 1/4 inch to disengage it. (if you are confused you can find detailed info on the location of the IOD fuse in your owners manual)
Wait about a minute and push the fuse back in.
If the car starts after doing this call your dealer on Monday and tell them you have a bad WCM. They'll know what you mean.
Best of luck !
Reference: Master Tech
Shop Foreman at a Chrysler Dealer
This will atleast save you the $100 to tow it to the dealer. When it was all said and done my brother owed between $400 and $500 with a new key included (although you don't need one). The part is $1xx I believe, and installation time is an hour or two. It'll end up being around $350 USD i think to install it all and get it fixed, the above will help you save on the towing fee by atleast getting the jeep started.

Best of luck!

magnumman426 10-09-2010 10:31 AM

08 GC Should still be under warranty (3/36), unless your mileage is out the door! I'd check to see if the H30 Recall was done as well.