Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (
-   -   select a track (

wjMopar 06-28-2010 01:05 AM

select a track
do any of you guys know if i can swap a select a track transfer case from a 2001 I6 to my '99 with quadra drive, if it can be done do i need to change my drive shaft or any think else or any electrical i have to worrie about?

Chaoul1 06-28-2010 08:36 AM

Re: select a track
I'm pretty sure you can. I'm not 100% on this. Someone will hop in shortly to answer!

206WJ 06-28-2010 11:34 AM

Re: select a track
Yes you can.

You will need to change the drive shaft. The 242 is a bit shorter. It's not too hard there are a lot of guys that have done it, but I can't think of any on here.

I know that some have used tom woods drive shafts and some have just found a V8 with the 242 and used those drive shafts.

wjMopar 06-28-2010 09:06 PM

Re: select a track
thaks alot for the info. now i can go ahead and buy the transfer case... so those drive shafts from the same I6 wj would not work for the swap?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community