Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - ZJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f78/)
-   -   Vibration Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f78/vibration-problems-10682.html)

hissinghobo 06-29-2010 08:07 AM

Vibration Problems

I have a 98 Laredo which is now having issues with vibration on the transmission. It all started on Sunday when I had slammed on my brakes when I was trying to diagnose another problem with my brakes. Now after the brake slam I have vibration coming from, what feels like my transmission. The vibration is coming up from my shifter and slightly from just sitting in the car. I also got under the transmission and felt around and the area with the largest vibration is where the engine meets the transmission.

Before this I hadn't any problems with vibration, the only issues I had were with engine hesitation between 45 to 60 mph for shifting; and a slight knocking coming from lower parts of my engine.

So my question after all this is, Does anyone know what could be causing the vibration (or the engine knocking, but for now the vibration)?

hissinghobo 06-29-2010 09:53 PM

Re: Vibration Problems

UPDATE:

Now the engine is literally chugging, and is vibrating more.

SoCalMoparWK 06-29-2010 10:34 PM

Is it throwing codes yet or what?

Chaoul1 06-29-2010 10:37 PM

Do the Key Dance! I'm not going to guess what it is, but for the engine to start chuggin, gas would have to be blocked or maybe some misfires.

hissinghobo 06-30-2010 12:43 AM

It's already throwing codes because the tard who had (I've only had it for 3 weeks) it before me cut off the back O2 sensor connector (the female end not the male from the O2 sensor itself). But it had never does this up till now when I slammed on the brakes.

I'm guessing it might be misfires, but I'm not sure if that could cause the vibration and knocking from the bottom of the engine.

SoCalMoparWK 06-30-2010 12:07 PM

Get a diagnostic scan first to see what codes are being thrown, then you can see what exactly the area of the problem might be coming from.

lineman 07-01-2010 09:07 PM

that o2 sensor by itself can cause it to run erratic

Craig10114 07-01-2010 09:40 PM

find a girl... go for a drive. it may not solve your problem but hey at least you got a shot.

all kidding aside that 02 sensor itself could be your problem.

Knightrider03m 07-01-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hissinghobo (Post 228480)
It's already throwing codes because the tard who had (I've only had it for 3 weeks) it before me cut off the back O2 sensor connector (the female end not the male from the O2 sensor itself). But it had never does this up till now when I slammed on the brakes.

I'm guessing it might be misfires, but I'm not sure if that could cause the vibration and knocking from the bottom of the engine.

And there lies the problem. Modern cars run like shit without the O2 sensor talking to the computer. Get that O2 fix and I'm sure that the problem(s) would go away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig10114 (Post 229442)
find a girl... go for a drive. it may not solve your problem but hey at least you got a shot.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: