Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Commander Rocky Road full steel strut spacer on Jeep WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/commander-rocky-road-full-steel-strut-spacer-on-jeep-wk-10731.html)

2006hemijeep 07-01-2010 08:42 AM

Commander Rocky Road full steel strut spacer on Jeep WK

I was thinking of ordering the Jeep WK Rocky Road 2.25 lift with the Commander full steel rear spacers instead of the Jeep wk's polyurethane. I called Rocky Road and they said the spacers should fit but they cannot guarantee it will. Does anybody have any thoughts on this and would this be a good idea? I mainly want to do this to avoid any future sagging in the rear end.

maxst2 07-01-2010 12:14 PM

Re: Commander Rocky Road full steel strut spacer on Jeep WK

Guess you could always compare measurements to each one. Get some nice pics of different angles of the two and see if there are differences.

1 GRAND 07-01-2010 01:09 PM

My Commander and WK both look the same on the underside.

2006hemijeep 07-01-2010 01:46 PM

i guess im just gonna have to do some more research on this one. thanks for your responses

gc4x4 07-02-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2006hemijeep (Post 229085)
I was thinking of ordering the Jeep WK Rocky Road 2.25 lift with the Commander full steel rear spacers instead of the Jeep wk's polyurethane. I called Rocky Road and they said the spacers should fit but they cannot guarantee it will. Does anybody have any thoughts on this and would this be a good idea? I mainly want to do this to avoid any future sagging in the rear end.

I personally like the polyurethane spacers, they act as a damper from road bumps etc. I doubt they will sag, but you can always get a spare set or just get the metal spacers, but you wont get the damping ability as with polyurethane.

robpp 07-02-2010 09:04 PM

i bought H&R springs it said WK and XK.

2006hemijeep 07-06-2010 12:30 PM

Good point GC4x4! i didn't think of the polyurethane spacers acting as a damper. I think I'll just go with the standard RR 2.25 lift. and if it begins to sag i'll just purchase more spacers. thanks for your input

gc4x4 07-07-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2006hemijeep (Post 230963)
Good point GC4x4! i didn't think of the polyurethane spacers acting as a damper. I think I'll just go with the standard RR 2.25 lift. and if it begins to sag i'll just purchase more spacers. thanks for your input

I think youll be happy with the RRO 2.25 lift, you'll definatly notice a better ride even if you decide to keep your stock shocks. I plan on keeping my stock shocks until they wear out, then im going to go with a set of bilsteins. Good luck.:thumbsup: