Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   2010 S Limited dilema (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/2010-s-limited-dilema-10734.html)

stifflerx 07-01-2010 01:56 PM

2010 S Limited dilema

Howdy Jeep folks, I'm a complete noob to this whole forum thing but have exhausted my jeep contacts and wanted to get some expert input from you guys. I just bought a new 2010 GC S Limited on Monday. I bought it in a neighboring state as they were the only ones that had the crystal pearl black color that I wanted. When I get to the dealership they have it all cleaned up in the garage and it looks great. When I get home, I notice several (seven to be exact) scratches of significance mainly on the driver side and left passenger door. There is nearly a three foot scratch on the lower ground effect and an eight incher in the door. I drive back to the dealership yesterday and after six hours waiting for them to buff them out, am told that they are going to have to wet sand them out. After buying, a 45,00 sticker vehicle, I would expect to have a scratch free unit and realize that they shouldn't have to wet sand a brand new vehicle. My guess is that they ran it through a brush car wash and that's where the scratches came from. What experiences do you guys have with dealers and what should they do to make this right? Also, I am at a complete loss as to where my cross bars are for the roof rack. The dealer said that some had them and some didn't. I built a virtual vehicle on Jeep.com and couldn't find them as an added option anywhere or in any other package. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much if you read all this and I'm sorry if I didnt post this in the correct spot.

Repo503 07-01-2010 02:05 PM

Re: 2010 S Limited dilema

I had my Benz dealer completely repaint my '03 E500 when I bought it. It was an early production unit but the paint was terrible...like would not have been acceptable on a kia terrible. They did it with no fuss and the paint looked incredible when they were done, plus the detailed it for free every month until I traded it in. So they more than made good on it in my eyes. Even earned my repeat business when I bought my '10 E550. If they are a good dealer, they'll do whats right to make you happy. I wouldn't be upset if they wetsanded it and it came out looking factory, but I'd make them throw in those crossbars, or knock the price of some yakimas off your sticker.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 07-01-2010 02:16 PM

yes the dealer does need to compensate since they sold you that vehicle, when I bought my 03 Jetta it had some problems with it within the first 3K miles and they took care of everything also added free oil changes and detailing for a whole year so wasn't bad at all

WELCOME :D

Quick question just for curiosity sake ... don't flame me LOL

Did you ever check into buying the new '11 GC ?

White WK Swagga 07-01-2010 02:22 PM

If you have the raised rails then it comes with cross bars. That's BS. Ther'es only 2 options for roof racks on a jeep that's the ones with cross bars and SRT rails. With the paint scratches, If wetsanding and buffing doesn't get it out I'd have them repaint. Your jeep is black and that'll def stand out. And on top of it you paid for a new jeep so it should look like one.

maxst2 07-01-2010 02:25 PM

+1 on repaint. Wet Sand is a band-aid.

Scottina06 07-01-2010 02:52 PM

if they are just in the clearcoat...then the wesanding is fine...as long as it is done right. And the cross bars aRE NOT standard on all WK's...

Repo503 07-01-2010 03:12 PM

Whats the point of rails without crossbars? I bet you could get a pretty sweet deal on a '10...probably the best reason to not wait for the '11.

SvenskaJeepGuy 07-01-2010 03:26 PM

dont you have 3 days to return a new vehicle? you have them by the balls, dont take anything less than a repaint or another vehicle. thats only if the scratches went to the paint.

jeepster23 07-01-2010 05:07 PM

If it were me I would return it and buy a new WK2 Overland and still save money if you bought the 2010 S limited for 45000.Just my 2 cents

Repo503 07-01-2010 05:31 PM

Said it stickered for 45, you'd have to be crazy to pay that. Minimum 4k off the top just for current incentives. Plus I am sure there are crazy discounts available right now.

blackpepper 07-01-2010 07:32 PM

Crossbars are not standard but I would expect them to be there on a S Limited..

You can request a build sheet from chrysler (don't know how, hopefully someone does) and it will tell you everything that should be on the vehicle.

NHWK05 07-01-2010 07:55 PM

The paint on our jeeps sucks, thats about it.