Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/)
-   -   First time at track with my stock srt8 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/first-time-at-track-with-my-stock-srt8-10816.html)

spiker01 07-04-2010 11:55 PM

First time at track with my stock srt8

3 Attachment(s)
Well guys i wanted to share my first track experience with you. I am more than happy with my first run ever in my life at 13.499, and my best of the day at 13.329. My only mod is a mopar cai. I was running pretty much full weight with over half a tank of fuel (but i removed my floor mats and rear cargo cover). The jeep was very hott, could not touch the intake manifold even before i started racing. So if i had come more prepared then im sure i could have run even faster. I met Chevsux at the track in Mission and he pulled off high 12's. Congrats Craig. The track according to what i found online is- elevation 465 ft and it was aprox 70deg F. i have attached my slips.

Scottina06 07-05-2010 12:02 AM

Re: First time at track with my stock srt8

congrats! We have never seen your new Jeep..........

Mr. Moe 07-05-2010 12:23 AM

Nice run, I am looking to come up and run my jep on the mission track soon. Need to get more info on laws and regulations in Canada first. It will be my first time up there.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 07-05-2010 04:22 PM

wow impressive time

SoCalMoparWK 07-05-2010 05:08 PM

dang you whooped a Camaro, thats pretty fricken good. Nice job bro.

spiker01 07-05-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 230420)
congrats! We have never seen your new Jeep..........

I guess i have been lazy, i have a few decent pics but they are huge files so i haven't posted them up yet. Its a steel blue 2007 srt8 with 20,000kms (12 ooo miles), stillen hl covers and a mopar cai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Moe (Post 230427)
Nice run, I am looking to come up and run my jep on the mission track soon. Need to get more info on laws and regulations in Canada first. It will be my first time up there.

Mr. Moe be sure to msg me if you decide to come, i can meet up with you and head to the track. All you need is a passport to get through the border and tell them that you are going to watch the races in mission.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boniomario (Post 230634)
wow impressive time

Thanx man, i was pleased.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalWK (Post 230643)
dang you whooped a Camaro, thats pretty fricken good. Nice job bro.

Ha ha, ya i did lol. it felt good to.Thanx man. That was just a 70's camaro, but i also raced a new mustang fastback and a 55 chevy (nice car). yes i wasted the mustang:)

Scottina06 07-05-2010 07:21 PM

nice runs for a newb. Been 10 yrs since i have been to a track for anything....LOL

BOYCHIKS 07-05-2010 09:38 PM

Congrats, faster times to come for sure!

It's addicting.

byoficr 07-06-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiker01 (Post 230417)
Well guys i wanted to share my first track experience with you. I am more than happy with my first run ever in my life at 13.499, and my best of the day at 13.329. My only mod is a mopar cai. I was running pretty much full weight with over half a tank of fuel (but i removed my floor mats and rear cargo cover). The jeep was very hott, could not touch the intake manifold even before i started racing. So if i had come more prepared then im sure i could have run even faster. I met Chevsux at the track in Mission and he pulled off high 12's. Congrats Craig. The track according to what i found online is- elevation 465 ft and it was aprox 70deg F. i have attached my slips.

Nice runs. Ran mine bone stock no mods with temps 98 with heat index at 105 and ran 13.6. Hot as hell here in south la.