Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Next Mod! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/next-mod-1089.html)

pkang21 07-02-2009 04:13 AM

Next Mod!

A few things i wanna do right now is
`Tow Package [if possible by the end of this month, if not wait till next spring]
`Nav/Rec[ASAP]
`Srt8 front body kit [prolly next year] (my obsession is back after seeing 4 this week)
`Leather Seats, Cover King- got this sorted out probably within a month (black sides and red middle)|||

then upgrade my Stereo System..

does anybody know if you need another kind of rear bumper if my laredo did not come with a tow package so it doesnt have a little opening on the bottom?. on the justforjeeps site it doesnt describe it properly
and i wanna get a tow package soon because i have a jet ski ready to goo but i m moving it around with my gf's escalade ext because i dont have a tow thing............. and escalades gass is friggin killerrrrr

any suggestions on more mods?

i was thinking of the chrome/thin black side moldings but i dunno if its worth it.

[EDIT]
has anyone tried LED DRL on their jeeps? like instal them in your headlights? i see so many stores sell them but i m wondering where and how it can be installed.

Travisl23 07-02-2009 11:01 AM

Re: Next Mod!

You don't need a new rear bumper, you just need to cut the one you have. The pattern is already there... You just need the bezel...

Scottina06 07-02-2009 11:45 AM

just call Peter at justforjeeps adn tell him you need the tow bezel

pkang21 07-02-2009 12:05 PM

oh really!?
so the cutting wont do anything to my jeep ? like rust or watever?

NHWK05 07-02-2009 01:33 PM

Its a plastic bumper. So it wont rust. You cut the out line for the hitch and install the hitch bezel from just for jeeps ($70) and then put in the hitch and wiring.

Scottina06 07-02-2009 02:38 PM

dont do just the srt front on a white Jeep. It looks ok on all black...but not white. I think you will need the SRT skirts as well

Megatron 07-02-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHWK05 (Post 26908)
Its a plastic bumper. So it wont rust. You cut the out line for the hitch and install the hitch bezel from just for jeeps ($70) and then put in the hitch and wiring.

I did not know this, can I cut it out myself though?

spiker01 07-02-2009 10:10 PM

what up Paul Kang, your jeep is looking great. keep moddin. do you still have your stock headlights? i would be interrested if you wanted to sell them. pm me

pkang21 07-03-2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 26954)
dont do just the srt front on a white Jeep. It looks ok on all black...but not white. I think you will need the SRT skirts as well

ahh... its just seems so much money for appearance.. i just wish they come out with like a aftermarket body kit other than the srt8 one..
i dunno why but theyres so many srt8s in my area all of sudden its crazyyy
i saw a blacked outt,limo tint except the windshield, tinted tails, powder coated srt8 at a gas station.. but the guy that came out of it looked like some hardcore asian gangster.. so i didnt have the balls to even say nice jeep :(

Megatron 07-03-2009 08:28 AM

Lol @ hardcore asian gangster. Yakuza or Triad?

Scottina06 07-03-2009 12:50 PM

LOL.....he was probably a nice man

NHWK05 07-03-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Mamba (Post 27009)
I did not know this, can I cut it out myself though?

You should be able to, look behind the stock rear bumper in that area, there should be some sort of cut line, I know full instructions come with the bezel kit. I think you can down load the instructions to do it right off just for jeeps.