Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   426 for my Jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/426-for-my-jeep-1092.html)

LonghornSpencer 07-02-2009 11:53 AM

426 for my Jeep

Little history behind my Jeep: some know more than others here but here is a quick (but long) run down. Any questions?

I bought a Black 06 towards the end of 07 and nearly immediatly started making some changes to it.

Started out the norm (BWoody 4" CAI, 180* thermo and custom tune) within the 1st week of owning the Jeep. It did liven up some. Never made it to the track in this condition.

Weeks after that I had 1 7/8 SW long tube headers installed and it really woke up much more and had a better sound to it. This really got me going. The evening the headers were installed I drove to Houston for the Hennessey meet. I was beat and tired, the Jeep was hot from 5+ hours of driving. Made a few passes there best was 13 flat...not happy so I got to thinking

Shortly after that I had Inertia Premium Big Valve Heads, Spartan Max Cam, Ported Intake, SLP UD Pulley and more tunes to get it dialed in. Somewhere between those times CentralTexHemi, my good friend Wade, helped me (well actually he did all the work) put the AFR gauge in the Jeep to really help with getting the tune. Made it to the track a couple of times with the above set-ups:
1/8 mile best was 7.98
1/4 mile best was 12.46
Happy with the set-up but I want a DD that will run 11's

Stu with Inertia was GREAT through the process. I took the Jeep down to Austin and went to check the progress occasionally and what a great guy. Even after the install of the heads, cam and intake Stu was following up with me and even came to Dallas to work on the dyno for 1/2 a day! Sam was helping with the install, they both did a great job and will be doing the install of the 426 this weekend!

Wade has been a big help and many others via PM, phone, email, etc...THANKS GUYS!

I am meeting Stu in Waco tomorrow to hand off the Jeep for the 426. I should have some photos of the block prior to going in shortly that will be posted. The install will begin on Saturday morning and shooting to be complete by Monday. Once it is complete and the base tune (THANKS JB) will get her down the road the Jeep will be put in Wade's hands until I return from vacation. Wade is going to help me out with some exhaust work, that will include the 12599 Magnaflow muffler and DHM cutouts. The tune will be worked on from that point between Wade and JB.

Poor Wade is going to have to drive my new 426 for almost a week until I return on Sunday or Monday to pick her up. I even think that he is going to take it to a carshow on Saturday.

Hopefully Wade will be posting up some vid's and pics as he goes along for all of us. I will post more details with actual numbers once we get down the road some. Hopefully my buddy Adam (OneBadJeep) will get me some free dyno time so I have actual numbers. I am pumped!

Looks like the next thing will be to upgrade the NAG1 with valve body...oh also putting a torque converter in it this weekend

B.P.O.D 07-02-2009 11:55 AM

Re: 426 for my Jeep

wowowow bro that is sick!!!! so wade is gonna be living it up!!! he's already got a nice srt too!!! post pics bro!!! sounds like a great project!!! what numbers are we looking at after the motor is dropped in?

Bslagle05 07-02-2009 12:41 PM

dam bro that will be awesome! Be sure to get some pics and vids up after you get it back!!

robpp 07-02-2009 12:44 PM

sounds like a PARTY! Cant wait for pics and vids.......

NHWK05 07-02-2009 01:20 PM

Damn, thats alot of work and $$. Sounds sick. cant wait to see it all done. What did you start with?

scjeep4.7HO 07-02-2009 02:00 PM

Should be pretty sweet!!!!

SoCalMoparWK 07-02-2009 02:18 PM

can't wait bro. congrats

LonghornSpencer 07-02-2009 02:32 PM

THANKS Guys for all the comments!
When I 1st got this SRT Jeep I thought this is plenty fast...not so much

I will be sure to keep everyone in the loop as to how it goes

Scottina06 07-02-2009 02:35 PM

Keep us updated with pics...please!

I was gonna do a 426 in my laredo till i got the figures on the install etc. LOL

mzh29 07-02-2009 04:07 PM

Dam Man that's gonna be awsome!!! The whole time i was reading your post, all i heard in my head was cha ching, cha ching, cha ching!

BUBBADOG 07-02-2009 06:54 PM

Man post up of video of this beast man cant wait

Cyanide 07-02-2009 07:36 PM

HELL YEAH!!! :thumbsup: