Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Custom Parkview / ParkSense? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/custom-parkview-parksense-10976.html)

soontobesrt 07-10-2010 09:29 PM

Custom Parkview / ParkSense?

Hey guys, taking on my next project and looking for some assistance/input before I go ripping and tearing haha. I want to see if its possible or if anyone had wired up the factory ParkView to any aftermarket headunits out there? I have an Eclipse AVN726E unit that I love and will not be switching anytime soon so I need to figure a way to get a rearview. I CANNOT get the factory camera that goes w/ my system as it was discontinued and IMPOSSIBLE to find anywhere for any price. If anyone can find a Eclipse BEC 108 unit PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

camera package Id like to install - http://justforjeeps.com/pacapa.html

http://justforjeeps.com/wkfapadise.html

Secondly, anyone know if the above is the factory parksense used on the Limited or SRT8s or what because mine is an 05 Laredo w/ aftermarket HU (as mentioned above) and I have the park-sense chrome strip on my SRT8 bumper and wanted to make it useful hah, what do I need besides this, will it even work? Im new to anything/everything rear-camera/parking sensor related but its about time I got that stuff, very handy Id guess. Thanks in advance guys!

206WJ 07-11-2010 05:23 PM

Re: Custom Parkview / ParkSense?

The problem you will have with that factory system is that it doesn't have an RCA video out from the camera; You need that to connect it to your aftermarket headunit. I think you may be able to hack up the harness a bit and put an RCA on the end of it to plug into the HU you have.

I would just go with an aftermarket rear view camera. They are all the same style outputs, and inputs. Just different brands have different quality.

With the parksence I don't have any knowledge of their system other than I know you ahve to enable it at the dealership. - Sorry

Scottina06 07-11-2010 06:34 PM

get a rear bumper strip without the holes. I dont think the parkview/parksense is worth it...

soontobesrt 07-12-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 206WJ (Post 233687)
The problem you will have with that factory system is that it doesn't have an RCA video out from the camera; You need that to connect it to your aftermarket headunit. I think you may be able to hack up the harness a bit and put an RCA on the end of it to plug into the HU you have.

I would just go with an aftermarket rear view camera. They are all the same style outputs, and inputs. Just different brands have different quality.

With the parksence I don't have any knowledge of their system other than I know you ahve to enable it at the dealership. - Sorry

Hey Im a little confused by what you are saying, you mean I can use any aftermarket camera w/ my HU? Im not positive on the inputs my H/U has, I think it takes a special plug only compatible w/ Eclipse cameras. So not sure what you meant by factory, are you referring to the stock Jeep camera working w/ my headunit? I don't care what camera I use, just want one thats compatible w/ my H/U without much hacking haha. Thanks for your help though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 233715)
get a rear bumper strip without the holes. I dont think the parkview/parksense is worth it...

I agree, probably just going to fill in the holes w/ something instead of getting whole new strip, wish I knew before I installed haha. No biggie

206WJ 07-12-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soontobesrt (Post 234032)
Hey Im a little confused by what you are saying, you mean I can use any aftermarket camera w/ my HU? Im not positive on the inputs my H/U has, I think it takes a special plug only compatible w/ Eclipse cameras. So not sure what you meant by factory, are you referring to the stock Jeep camera working w/ my headunit? I don't care what camera I use, just want one thats compatible w/ my H/U without much hacking haha. Thanks for your help though.

Eclipse uses the same RCA input that every Compay uses. They all like to make it seem like you ahve to use their camera that way they can sell more of them.

Here's the imputs your Eclipse headunit has;

3 x Audio line-out ( RCA phono x 2 ) , 1 x Composite video output ( RCA phono ) , 1 x Composite video/audio input ( RCA phono x 3 ) , 1 x USB ( 4 pin USB Type A )

To Summarize;

The Stock jeep camera wil not work without mods, if it will work at all.

ANY standard rear view camera will work; they all use RCA (Composite Outputs)

soontobesrt 07-17-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 206WJ (Post 234054)
Eclipse uses the same RCA input that every Compay uses. They all like to make it seem like you ahve to use their camera that way they can sell more of them.

Here's the imputs your Eclipse headunit has;

3 x Audio line-out ( RCA phono x 2 ) , 1 x Composite video output ( RCA phono ) , 1 x Composite video/audio input ( RCA phono x 3 ) , 1 x USB ( 4 pin USB Type A )

To Summarize;

The Stock jeep camera wil not work without mods, if it will work at all.

ANY standard rear view camera will work; they all use RCA (Composite Outputs)

Wow, crazy I missed this till now.Im gonna look at the back and confirm/validate this all tomorrow. My main issue is finding a compatible cam with GOOD QUALITY imagine. Camera I wanted was Eclipse one thats discontinued but Ill find something. Thanks a lot man!