Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Design my NEW headlights! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/design-my-new-headlights-11081.html)

soontobesrt 07-14-2010 11:13 PM

Design my NEW headlights!
 
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php

Great site Ive been looking at and some good guys Ive talked to over there at, the retro fit source! I want all of you guys to give me some input on my retrofit, I know tons of guys are trying to make some for people to get a GB on, but I want to do a 100% custom headlight design for my rig.

I know I am going to paint it the factory PB8 color and it has to have projectors for the lows. Im going to leave the highs as reflectors unless someone can convince me its worth the extra $ to mount projectors there as well!

The site has all the options so tell me which projectors you'd get and what light temp you'd run. Also tons of shrouds to choose from, hard to pick! Im also going to run the Flashtech LED rings as well I believe so hook a brother up on your opinions. Looking at maybe a month to have these in and Ill actually do a write up on step 1 - whatever it takes for anyone who wants to follow. Thanks guys!

GR33N D3M0N 07-15-2010 12:40 AM

Re: Design my NEW headlights!
 
i would do 2 bi-xenon projectors, in each housing, so in total 4 low beams, and 4 hi beams, i would also get some mini projectors for the turn signals, just for shits and giggles...and find out if flashtech, or AAC can do a multicolor halo, because AAC does a multi color LED halo kit for the charger..good luck!

you could also go for the audi look, and put an LED strip on the bottom of the curves...

White Chocolate 07-15-2010 12:52 AM

Re: Design my NEW headlights!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.7L wk (Post 235589)
i would do 2 bi-xenon projectors, in each housing, so in total 4 low beams, and 4 hi beams, i would also get some mini projectors for the turn signals, just for shits and giggles...and find out if flashtech, or AAC can do a multicolor halo, because AAC does a multi color LED halo kit for the charger..good luck!

you could also go for the audi look, and put an LED strip on the bottom of the curves...

Sounds complicated!

But whatever he comes up with, Im totally down, just make sure its available for 05-07 and 08-10

soontobesrt 07-15-2010 10:09 AM

Re: Design my NEW headlights!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.7L wk (Post 235589)
i would do 2 bi-xenon projectors, in each housing, so in total 4 low beams, and 4 hi beams, i would also get some mini projectors for the turn signals, just for shits and giggles...and find out if flashtech, or AAC can do a multicolor halo, because AAC does a multi color LED halo kit for the charger..good luck!

you could also go for the audi look, and put an LED strip on the bottom of the curves...

4 highs and 4 lows!!! LOL, thats insane, but maybe? I guess if im going all out might as well do it right, I guess I can fit dual projectors in there.

kerndone 07-15-2010 12:14 PM

Re: Design my NEW headlights!
 
I am purchasing the Stage III FX-R kit from them with either the E46-R or Gatling shrouds. I just received my spare set of headlamp assemblies today and I have already started to get them ready for the oven. I'm going to do the bi-xenon in the low beam and just leave my halogen highs. I rarely use them anyway, and when I do flip on the highs, I will have the HID projector and the halogens on at the same time. It's just not worth it to toss in another two projectors for something I rarely use. Besides, I will still have 4 high beams when I am done, 2 HID and 2 halogen. I'm on a budget so I am not doing any halos. I would like to, but its not going to happen.

Also, I kind of like the E46 shrouds since they have a flat part and the bottom of the low beam reflector has a flat edge. I think that might look a bit better. Although, I might vacuum form some custom shrouds if I go with the Gatling shrouds. I wanted to figure out how I can incorporate something Jeep like when I do this...I was thinking a little Jeep grille like the new '11 WK2s have. Or maybe just JEEP somewhere on the shroud.

Goodluck. I can't wait to get these things on mine!

soontobesrt 07-15-2010 01:26 PM

Re: Design my NEW headlights!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kerndone (Post 235856)
I am purchasing the Stage III FX-R kit from them with either the E46-R or Gatling shrouds. I just received my spare set of headlamp assemblies today and I have already started to get them ready for the oven. I'm going to do the bi-xenon in the low beam and just leave my halogen highs. I rarely use them anyway, and when I do flip on the highs, I will have the HID projector and the halogens on at the same time. It's just not worth it to toss in another two projectors for something I rarely use. Besides, I will still have 4 high beams when I am done, 2 HID and 2 halogen. I'm on a budget so I am not doing any halos. I would like to, but its not going to happen.

Also, I kind of like the E46 shrouds since they have a flat part and the bottom of the low beam reflector has a flat edge. I think that might look a bit better. Although, I might vacuum form some custom shrouds if I go with the Gatling shrouds. I wanted to figure out how I can incorporate something Jeep like when I do this...I was thinking a little Jeep grille like the new '11 WK2s have. Or maybe just JEEP somewhere on the shroud.

Goodluck. I can't wait to get these things on mine!


I like the idea of putting something Jeep in them, so good call, I may do something too, not to copy, but I really like the idea, I'll probably incorporate a Jeep badge or maybe a vinyl pending it would handle the heat? Im definitely color matching them, I think thats a must in any custom HL setup. Keep us posted in here, picture for sure as you go! GL to you too

NWSRT8 07-15-2010 03:44 PM

Re: Design my NEW headlights!
 
Good choice I had a great experience with Matt @ TRS. Here is what I ended up with. ( Still boxed up in the garage waiting for time to do.)

Low beam TSX Stage III Kit

Acura TSX clear lens projectors
TRS 35w slim ballasts
Morimoto 6000K D2S bulbs
E46-R Shrouds
Relay wire harness

Good luck with your project and keep us posted on how the retrofit goes.

.

maxst2 07-15-2010 05:00 PM

Re: Design my NEW headlights!
 
Pics are necessary! lol

GR33N D3M0N 07-15-2010 05:05 PM

Re: Design my NEW headlights!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by soontobesrt (Post 235888)
I like the idea of putting something Jeep in them, so good call, I may do something too, not to copy, but I really like the idea, I'll probably incorporate a Jeep badge or maybe a vinyl pending it would handle the heat? Im definitely color matching them, I think thats a must in any custom HL setup. Keep us posted in here, picture for sure as you go! GL to you too

if u make ur own shrouds using the vacuum method, take a JEEP badge and put it in the headlights b4 u make the shroud..this way, it will have a jeep imprint...if u get what im saying

soontobesrt 07-15-2010 08:35 PM

Re: Design my NEW headlights!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NWSRT8 (Post 235960)
Good choice I had a great experience with Matt @ TRS. Here is what I ended up with. ( Still boxed up in the garage waiting for time to do.)

Low beam TSX Stage III Kit

Acura TSX clear lens projectors
TRS 35w slim ballasts
Morimoto 6000K D2S bulbs
E46-R Shrouds
Relay wire harness

Good luck with your project and keep us posted on how the retrofit goes.

.

Damn, I want to see that setup, def give us some pictures and keep us posted on your project as well. You have any input on which projectors best for the Jeep housing cause I've never worked with any projectors first hand. IS space an issue, or could I run the E55 projectors? Why the TSX over the FX-R any reasons? Thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxst2 (Post 236025)
Pics are necessary! lol

+111111

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.7L wk (Post 236029)
if u make ur own shrouds using the vacuum method, take a JEEP badge and put it in the headlights b4 u make the shroud..this way, it will have a jeep imprint...if u get what im saying

Yea it'll have it permanently printed in there, sounds sick but that was the other guy, Im prob not going to vacuum mold them to fit them lol, not even sure how to go about it, but Im a fan of the E46 shroud and the E55. Im thinking right now of badging them somehow or MAYBE, since I'm color matching them, maybe leave Jeep inset in them somewhere (paint over a badge?) and then pull it off for a nice flat look. Ill def keep you guys posted.

kerndone 07-16-2010 12:01 AM

Re: Design my NEW headlights!
 
That was exactly what I was planning on doing. I wanted a raised JEEP logo or a grille somewhere. I'll probably be putting together a vacuum table tomorrow and I want to design something that looks good. If I can't incorporate something very subtle, I'll probably just do without it.

soontobesrt 07-18-2010 01:31 PM

Re: Design my NEW headlights!
 
BUMP - someone/anyone put up some thoughts on what kind of headlight you'd like to see. Obviously housing will stay same shape but form there out its unlimited based on colors/lighting. Someone come up w/ a cool LED scheme or a certain paint style! Photoshoppers any help would be cool too!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community