Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

New Option for Upper A-Arms for our WK's

18K views 52 replies 19 participants last post by  OBXJeep 
#1 ·
I recently reached out to Marlin at JeepinbyAl.com to see if he had any plans to produce an aftermarket Upper A-Arm like the ones he's been producing for the KJ crowd. He was very interested and began design work for the WK upper a-arms this week.

With his permission, I'm posting a picture of the KJ aftermarket arms.
Marlin tells me the new arms will be the same design, accomodating lifted WK's, and obviously sized for the WK's. I believe these will fit the XK's as well, since we share the same upper control arms. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll keep this thread updated as he updates me on the progress

Description:
The Jeepin' By Al Upper A-Arms were designed for your lifted Liberty and will directly replace your stock upper a-arms. The original equipment a-arm hits the spring, which causes premature ball joint failure on Liberty's with a lift kit. The Jeepin' By Al A-Arms are compatible with all the lift kits on the market today! These A-Arms were designed to fit on 2002 through 2007 Jeep Liberty's. Made of heavy duty tubing, red powder coat finish, with Moog replaceable ball joints and factory rubber bushings. The A arms are assembled and ready to bolt onto your Liberty. Sold as a set, 1 left & 1 right UCA.

As seen in Low Range, J-Rations, Jp-Freek, 4 Wheel Drive and Sport Utility Magazine!

New Gen 4.5 A-arms, Pocket adjustments
Ball joints are mounted on an angle to line up with steering knuckle
No tire rubbing
3/8" more strut clearance than factory arms
Factory front end alignment
Replaceable ball joints
Red powder coat finish
Heavy duty tubing
2002-2007
A-arms work with all Jeepin by Al lift kits!
Sold as a set

Installation Notes
install time: 1-3 hours
instructions: Download PDF

See less See more
#2 ·
subscribed

#6 ·
He has them for the KJ's in lifted and stock versions. I'd assume it'll probably be the same for the WK's, but I can check with him.

#9 ·
Got the following email from Marlin this morning,

We can make for the stock WK an XK, but first we will have the lifted
a-arms.

Looks like the stock arms will come eventually, but the lifted guys will be the first crowd that he'll be making them for.

#11 ·
I'm going to assume it's probably the angle of ball joint but again, I can check with him to get the full explanation.

#13 ·
Probably. I believe the arms that he's designing are for 2 to 3" lifts. These are good questions though, and he gets back to me fast with answers. If you or anyone else can think of anything you'd like more info about, throw them in here and I'll get in touch with him this afternoon.

#15 · (Edited)
2" and 4" lift A-arms are first priority. Although stock ones will follow soon.

Pricing is already posted at $400 on the website.

If i were to guess on a time frame i would say early-mid September. (Don't hold me to that, lol)

For those that are curious they are being designed with Solidworks 2010 professional.

Hopefully i can get some screen shots up over the weekend.

-Brad

#18 · (Edited)
I noticed the website lists the UCA for 06-11 WK. Is there a difference in the arms between an 05 & 06?

Als Upper A-arms for lifted 06-11 Jeep Grand Cherokee

#19 ·
It must just be a mistake. There were no differences in the a-arms from '05 - '10, but as we all know, the '11's are a complete remodel.

#20 ·
Thats a really good introductory price. I cant wait to have the $ to get a set of stock or 2" arms. I am really happy to see companies that are willing to do some r&d and develop parts for the WK even though most people that own them dont modify them.

#25 ·
With UCA's on a lowered jeep, that would allow you to lower it more correct? I have heard that with the new coilovers the limiting factor for how low you can go is that the UCA's hit the fender. Would these sit a little lower or regular height? Thanks.

#28 ·
ill take them if you'll let 'em go for $100. ha. but seriously...

#29 ·
I spoke with Marlin this week about the lowered WK A-Arms and he said they sent out a prototype to the tester and found out they are too short. My truck is about 2.5 hrs away from their shop, so maybe I'll see if they need to borrow one to measure and test fit a set on. Either way, progress is coming along with them.

#30 ·
So what exactly would this new upper control arm do for my lowered WK?

#31 ·
It will properly align the hub so you can get your truck into the specified alignment specs. Our front tires are very prone to splitting especially when the front camber is not set properly. The book says -.80 for the front, but it has been shown that -.25 is best option, still good cornering and better front tire wear.

Your truck reminds me of a Range Rover sport.

#32 ·
Your truck reminds me of a Range Rover sport.[/QUOTE]

WTF!!! LOL. why you say that?

#35 · (Edited)
WTF!!! LOL. why you say that?
I don't know, it's just what comes to mind when I see your truck. It's not an insult or anything just an opinion. I really like the color combo though, it goes really well together.

#43 ·
Thanks again Sean, I'm just waiting on my OME to arrive, these arms look lonely sitting on my floor...they want to be installed :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.