Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Brembos on non SRT? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/brembos-on-non-srt-11372.html)

Gojeep 07-26-2010 05:28 AM

Brembos on non SRT?

I have a set of brand new SRT Brembos from a Challenger I think it was. Anyone know what is involved in fitting them to a non SRT WH/WK?

robpp 07-26-2010 07:28 AM

Re: Brembos on non SRT?

its all posted here bro. SEARCH is your friend.

you need caipers, which you have. brake lines. backing plates. and the mounts for the 2 calipers. i gues they call them spindles.

White Chocolate 07-26-2010 08:24 AM

^^^ What rob Said!!

Scottina06 07-26-2010 11:59 AM

I have done the conversion---

You need the Brembo calipers, rotors, front spindles(knuckles), rear backing plates, all 4 brake lines, all mounting bolts and of course wheels that will clear the Brembos. Everything else is the same

Mike_Levy 07-26-2010 12:28 PM

Chally ones will be different though. The calipers are the same, but thats it. Different bolt pattern, so the rotors are different. Different suspension, so everything else is different.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 07-26-2010 12:31 PM

would the stock wheels clear the brembos ? wouldn't he need to get wheels that will clear them?

robpp 07-26-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_Levy (Post 241592)
Chally ones will be different though. The calipers are the same, but thats it. Different bolt pattern, so the rotors are different. Different suspension, so everything else is different.

he has challenger calipers he wants to mount on a jeep. they are the same as the jeep.

not sure where you are going with the rest of it. he asked what else he needs. scott listed all the JEEP parts he will need.

Scottina06 07-26-2010 12:40 PM

the rear brembos will clear the rear wheels...the fronts aare the problem. He would need a pretty good spacer...and they would make the wheels stick out to far

Mike_Levy 07-26-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 241601)
he has challenger calipers he wants to mount on a jeep. they are the same as the jeep.

not sure where you are going with the rest of it. he asked what else he needs. scott listed all the JEEP parts he will need.

He just said he has SRT Brembos. Didn't say which parts. The Calipers will work, but thats all. Everything else is different between the Jeep and LX/LC.

Scottina06 07-26-2010 04:39 PM

the calipers will work once he adds the rest of the parts I listed. The front spindles are expensive and very hard to find....or atleast they were 3 years ago when I did mine

Gojeep 07-26-2010 07:21 PM

Thanks very much for the information. Do only have a couple of pairs of the calipers and sold off another pair I had. Done a few brake conversions in the past for my XJ so have a set for that still as well. I take it the spindles are very expensive?

robpp 07-26-2010 07:44 PM

the salavge places want to sell you the complete knuckle IIRC from what scott was saying. so yeah its expensive.

but maybe if you had a list of all you want they might do it.

car-part.com and the phone are your friends....