Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   New member with a 3.7 GC - recommendations on mods?! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/new-member-with-a-3-7-gc-recommendations-on-mods-11395.html)

jvs0302 07-26-2010 08:17 PM

New member with a 3.7 GC - recommendations on mods?!

Hey guys,

I am a brand new member and a new owner of a lightly used 2010 GC 3.7. I am a first time Jeep owner and although I wish I had a hemi to work with like many of you guys, I still want to do some mods to my 3.7 to make it my own.

I have been lurking for a few days and this place looks like a wealth of info with some really cool members and great looking rides. So first off, thanks for having me :D

That being said, I wanted to see what some of the guys with 3.7's recommend as far as performance mods. I picked up the K&N cold air intake kit which will be going on soon. I was considering modding the exhaust but this is my daily driver for work (I am in medical sales) and I drive all day long, so I would only want a little throatier note, nothing with too much drone. Any recommendations? How about computer tuning?

As far as appearance, I have a set of Stillen covers waiting to be painted and an SRT8 grill on order. I was also thinking of picking up the Mopar rear spoiler but am not sold on it yet. Opinions?

I am looking mostly for performance and appearance mods - no lift kits for me. I will definitely be doing alot of searching on here, but just wanted to say hi and introduce myself, and see what you guys think :thumbsup:

White Chocolate 07-26-2010 08:18 PM

Re: New member with a 3.7 GC - recommendations on mods?!

Welcome!!!!!!

ducks unlimited 07-26-2010 08:20 PM

welcome to JeepGarage!

Robert Palmer 07-26-2010 08:22 PM

Welcome!

06RC22 07-26-2010 08:26 PM

welcome to JG!! Having a 3.7 myself, I would recommend the basic performance mods... intake, ported TB, powerwire, and exhaust.

Megatron 07-26-2010 09:06 PM

Welcome sir.

First mod = Tint. You can pick your nose in privacy during those drives for work. JK lol

Scottina06 07-26-2010 09:17 PM

howdy from KY! You'll never have trouble spensing money on mods here at JG!

DAVY27 07-26-2010 09:31 PM

welcome!

jvs0302 07-26-2010 09:34 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas! My wallet and my wife already do not like you lol!!

jvs0302 07-26-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06RC22 (Post 241906)
welcome to JG!! Having a 3.7 myself, I would recommend the basic performance mods... intake, ported TB, powerwire, and exhaust.

Which muffler did you do on your truck? I am guessing the cheapest and easiest route is to just swap out the muffler for a new one from magnaflow or someone else. I think magnaflow makes a catback but isnt the 2.5inch tubing the same as stock? Can anyone suggest a replacement muffler that will add just a little deeper tone but no drone? If I did that I might want to upgrade the exhaust tip as well.

06RC22 07-26-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvs0302 (Post 241997)
Which muffler did you do on your truck? I am guessing the cheapest and easiest route is to just swap out the muffler for a new one from magnaflow or someone else. I think magnaflow makes a catback but isnt the 2.5inch tubing the same as stock? Can anyone suggest a replacement muffler that will add just a little deeper tone but no drone? If I did that I might want to upgrade the exhaust tip as well.

Mine is a Flowmaster (not sure on the model #) we sound tested 4 different mufflers before he welded it in place and this one sounded the best. I have absolutely no drone and it is really quiet on the highway. It sounds pretty good for a 3.7L.

gc4x4 07-27-2010 11:51 AM

Welcome, you'll enjoy your Jeep and the endless mods available for it.:D
If your looking for a muffler with some performance gain but not too loud, then check out the #12286 Magnaflow muffler. I have one and it gives off the right amount of tone without being too loud or ricey. Youve already got the intake so the next step would be a ported TB and the powerwire from airram. These mods make the 3.7 feel like night and day from stock, while its no hemi, it sure does feel like it has a bit more power. I wouldnt bother with a computer tune, there isnt really one out there for a 3.7 and lets face if you wanted lots of power you would've got the Hemi.:thumbsup: