Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Vortech Supercharge for the WK 5.7 Hemi? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/vortech-supercharge-for-the-wk-5-7-hemi-11460.html)

surfrman 07-28-2010 05:51 PM

Vortech Supercharge for the WK 5.7 Hemi?

I want to supercharger my WK 5.7 Hemi, theres a kit for the SRT8, since i know all the hardware can work and fit my jeep, the point is they sales kits for the hemi 5.7 cars (chargers, challengers) if i buy this kit i would like they send me the tune for the chargers o challengers hemi 5.7 that they sold, it could work?

What u think dudes?

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2006 6.1 Hemi Kit

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/global_item.php?gik=390

Charger 2006 5.7 Hemi Kit

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=145

I already have the diablo trinity, so like i see the tune its trougth diablo sport, so i can load to my pcm, the file that they made for the charger 5.7 hemi, even the same year 2006.

blackpepper 07-28-2010 07:06 PM

Re: Vortech Supercharge for the WK 5.7 Hemi?

I dunno but I want one, too.

Scottina06 07-28-2010 07:23 PM

the file and some of the componets from the Lx will not work on the WK. You could use some componets...but there would be some waste. Give NCTS(vendor here) a pm. They have a turbo system for the 5.7 ready to go.

Jerseyboy 07-29-2010 05:46 AM

The cal file from the cars will not work because the A580 trans is used in the LX cars and the 545RFE trans is in the WK. You would be better off starting with a Ram cal. If you can get the hardware installed, it shouldn't be a big deal for any competent tuner to develop a cal for the 5.7L. I know the upcoming Magnacharger is supposed to have a Jeep Specific kit for both the 5.7L and the SRT WKs. I'm planning on getting one for my wife's 08 RAM Hemi.

There are also rumors of someone bringing a custom Vortech YSi kit coming to market as a production kit. But that would be overkill for a stock 5.7L application...

J

surfrman 07-29-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy (Post 243759)
The cal file from the cars will not work because the A580 trans is used in the LX cars and the 545RFE trans is in the WK. You would be better off starting with a Ram cal. If you can get the hardware installed, it shouldn't be a big deal for any competent tuner to develop a cal for the 5.7L. I know the upcoming Magnacharger is supposed to have a Jeep Specific kit for both the 5.7L and the SRT WKs. I'm planning on getting one for my wife's 08 RAM Hemi.

There are also rumors of someone bringing a custom Vortech YSi kit coming to market as a production kit. But that would be overkill for a stock 5.7L application...

J

Yeah, i see in the webpage, theres a 2009 RAM Hemi 5.7 charger kit, but it looks so diferent the position of the trotle body, but like they said COMMING SOON i will wait.

http://magnacharger.com/

About the NTSC turbo kit, i dont like the idea of having the turbo down where the muffler goes, i think if i hit a rock that will blow, but theres a lot advantages in the Turbo systems more than the Supercharges, the supercharges systems uses power of the engine to make power, but the thing is i must to use the computer control that they sale, and i already have my trinity that cost me 600 dlls, so its more easy to use with the interface that diablosport made.

And Yes about the trany issues, that will be a problem, well the vortech guys need to make something for the jeep cherokee 5.7, the have the hardware, its the same just modify some paramethers i think, also the SRT8 have the same tranny that my Jeep Cherokee 5.7 Hemi 2WD, the famous 545RFE Danna 44 (226RBI) maybe that is just maps, spark times, fuel injections, or other mods i dont know to make it.

And i think the Vortech technology have the benefits of both worlds Turbo Kits and Supercharger Kits.

surfrman 07-29-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 243571)
the file and some of the componets from the Lx will not work on the WK. You could use some componets...but there would be some waste. Give NCTS(vendor here) a pm. They have a turbo system for the 5.7 ready to go.

Perhaps how much??

Scottina06 07-29-2010 01:32 PM

cost?

Jerseyboy 07-29-2010 07:27 PM

SRT8 Cherokee uses the A580 trans also, same as the LX cars. Doing a cal for the Vortech on a 5.7L shouldn't be an issue for a competent tuner.

The Magnacharger is going to have both passenger and driverside inlet setups. It will be able to mate to the factory airbox for the WK. I've driven thier Ram and it makes a really nice setup for a daily driven street truck.

J

blackpepper 07-30-2010 01:02 AM

That's great b/c the airbox def. different depending on what vehilce the HEMI is in.

So I heard, only as a rumor, that the 545RFE can hold over 500hp no problem.. when you mentioned tranny issues, were you talking durability or tuning?

Thanks

scjeep4.7HO 07-30-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackpepper (Post 244411)
That's great b/c the airbox def. different depending on what vehilce the HEMI is in.

So I heard, only as a rumor, that the 545RFE can hold over 500hp no problem.. when you mentioned tranny issues, were you talking durability or tuning?

Thanks

I burnt my 2nd gear clutch pack up in my 545FRE. It was over some time but the majority of failures are from 2nd prime going out. I did not have that problem

surfrman 07-30-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 244073)
cost?

Yes

surfrman 07-30-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy (Post 244258)
SRT8 Cherokee uses the A580 trans also, same as the LX cars. Doing a cal for the Vortech on a 5.7L shouldn't be an issue for a competent tuner.

The Magnacharger is going to have both passenger and driverside inlet setups. It will be able to mate to the factory airbox for the WK. I've driven thier Ram and it makes a really nice setup for a daily driven street truck.

J

Yes i will wait for that Kit, Magnacharger looks they have experience in the supercharge field. Yeah and my jeep its for a daily drive.

Some date schedule?