Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Member Product Reviews (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f62/)
-   -   Royal Purple!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f62/royal-purple-11517.html)

206WJ 07-30-2010 03:39 PM

Royal Purple!!

I have switched all my fluids to Royal purple full synthetic. I didn't think it would matter, but WOW! Everything just seems smoother.

I started off with both of my diff's and I was shocked at how it ran. I didn't think it would really do anything there, but it seemed to coast and not need as much power to keep the beast rolling. Made a huge difference in traffic.

Then came the oil changes, it took about 3 to really get it running amazing, but even the first time made it idle smoother.

Then was the ATF, I have noticed lower RPM's at freeway speeds, and much better shifts. But I did install a shift kit at the same time and it is probably due to both.

Yes it's pricey, but to me well worth it!!

White Chocolate 07-30-2010 03:39 PM

Re: Royal Purple!!

That much better eh?

206WJ 07-30-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlutcH (Post 244739)
That much better eh?

Yes! I am still very happy wit it. I thought it was one of those, crappy BS marketing things. But I won't use anything else. I think it's the best mod I've done to the Jeep.

I am going to switch my MBZ to the same stuff too. In fact I'm starting today!

Thanks for the eh! I love canadia! lol

DJ BoNiOmArIo 07-30-2010 03:53 PM

yes RP is some good sh1t like crack u know, the purer it is the better it is but the pricier it gets too Nate can u give a whole lesson on it LOL

glad to know it's better now

iJeep 07-30-2010 05:23 PM

I wouldn't use anything else.. RP FTMFW

BJB 07-30-2010 05:45 PM

Both my Jeeps us the stuff :D

White Chocolate 07-30-2010 05:47 PM

Hmmmm...Im going to try using it next time

Craig10114 07-31-2010 07:31 AM

Royal Purple FTW. I run RP oil on the WJ and i immediatly felt that my oil pressure got better and she ran smoother.

I've been debating swaping the ATF and diff fluids but just havnt had the time, next scheduled service for them is 90k in 18k miles...

J13ntv 08-14-2010 11:22 PM

I know its an old thread but where did you guys pick it up, any one particular online supplier or store?

Fireman310pt 08-15-2010 05:22 AM

Around here I can get it at Oreilly or Advance Auto. I'm planning on switching both Jeeps over to it on next service. I used it in my old 99 XJ and was amazed at the difference.

J13ntv 08-15-2010 09:02 AM

Around here we have Advance Auto I believe and Pep Boys, maybe they have it as well. Thanks for the heads up.

J13ntv 08-16-2010 06:24 PM

After doing a lot more reading, some people swear by Royal Purple, others say its nothing special, not worth the extra money. Bobtheoilguy forums recommend Mobil1 a lot and a couple of others, a few run Royal Purple.. I just don't know anymore.

A couple of tests show Royal Purple very thin, the reason it seems smoother, but its less protection.. At least what I've read. >> Any input?