Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   another "ordered one" thread (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/another-ordered-one-thread-11538.html)

chibianh 07-31-2010 04:40 PM

another "ordered one" thread
 
I'm excited so I figure i'd post that I put in my order today for a dark charcoal Overland HEMI w/ off-road adventure II pkg! This will be the 4th Jeep in my family, but first for me.. dealer says 6-12weeks.. can't wait!!

Also picked up the brochure for the grand cherokee.. it's a very nice brochure with a "spec booklet" inside the back pocket.

BillaWha? 07-31-2010 04:47 PM

Re: another "ordered one" thread
 
gonna go with its a 2011?

Scottina06 07-31-2010 06:55 PM

Re: another "ordered one" thread
 
congrats! Thats gonna be a cool color!

TheNotoriousROB 07-31-2010 08:39 PM

Re: another "ordered one" thread
 
Got my Overland order in today as well, also with the Off Road Pkg.
Quoted 4-6 weeks for my 6th Jeep since '94

chibianh 07-31-2010 08:58 PM

Re: another "ordered one" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNotoriousROB (Post 245133)
Got my Overland order in today as well, also with the Off Road Pkg.
Quoted 4-6 weeks for my 6th Jeep since '94

Which dealer did you go to? wonder why mine is 6-12 weeks.. lol. I ordered mine at Go Chrysler Jeep in Golden.

J13ntv 07-31-2010 10:20 PM

Re: another "ordered one" thread
 
I also ordered mine today (2011 Overland), and after doing some extensive reading it seems as though the Garmin unit is now standard and the optional RER 730N is an additional 300+. I didnt realize that so when they asked if I wanted Nav, I was like "of coarse, but isn't it supposed to be included" For whatever reason the 730N is extra and the now standard Garmin Nav unit is included.


The real question, did either of you Opt to order the RER 730N Nav unit (3oo+ msrp additional) or did you both go with the now standard Garmin unit? I don't see a difference besides the price...

jonnyg 07-31-2010 10:25 PM

Re: another "ordered one" thread
 
I placed an order for a new Overland Blackberry Pearl with tan interior, two weeks ago. I picked the RER nav. I am still waiting on for confirmation of my VIN. I ended up ordering it through Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs.

J13ntv 07-31-2010 10:34 PM

Re: another "ordered one" thread
 
I was told they were on restriction, (maybe its just this dealership in my area) and that it wouldn't go into build (status D) hopefully second week of August. I was going to go blackberry pearl but chose black with beige interior. I loved the blackberry but it seemed to me it could be purplish in certain lighting situations. Love the color though.

Scottina06 07-31-2010 10:35 PM

Re: another "ordered one" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 245189)
I also ordered mine today (2011 Overland), and after doing some extensive reading it seems as though the Garmin unit is now standard and the optional RER 730N is an additional 300+. I didnt realize that so when they asked if I wanted Nav, I was like "of coarse, but isn't it supposed to be included" For whatever reason the 730N is extra and the now standard Garmin Nav unit is included.


The real question, did either of you Opt to order the RER 730N Nav unit (3oo+ msrp additional) or did you both go with the now standard Garmin unit? I don't see a difference besides the price...


Milous has a thread discussing the difference

jonnyg 07-31-2010 10:39 PM

Re: another "ordered one" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 245197)
I was told they were on restriction, (maybe its just this dealership in my area) and that it wouldn't go into build (status D) hopefully second week of August. I was going to go blackberry pearl but chose black with beige interior. I loved the blackberry but it seemed to me it could be purplish in certain lighting situations. Love the color though.

I am completely happy with Faricy Boys... they even sold me the vehicle for invoice!!

J13ntv 07-31-2010 10:46 PM

Re: another "ordered one" thread
 
Luckily I know someone at the dealership, I should be able to come out below invoice in the Holdback price range, however invoice or below is great, especially if you knew no one!

skunk 07-31-2010 11:14 PM

Re: another "ordered one" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 245189)
I also ordered mine today (2011 Overland), and after doing some extensive reading it seems as though the Garmin unit is now standard and the optional RER 730N is an additional 300+. I didnt realize that so when they asked if I wanted Nav, I was like "of coarse, but isn't it supposed to be included" For whatever reason the 730N is extra and the now standard Garmin Nav unit is included.


The real question, did either of you Opt to order the RER 730N Nav unit (3oo+ msrp additional) or did you both go with the now standard Garmin unit? I don't see a difference besides the price...

I looked into this too. The 430N has the Garmin software/graphics, bluetooth streaming audio, hands free texting and iPOD control via voice command. The 730N (RER) has the iPOD control via nav screen and steering wheel controls, faster startup, dead reckoning and split screen capability.

The 730N is still considered the higher end model but lacks some of the features of the newer 430N. I dug into this with Jeep customer service and was told the 730N (RHR) will be available starting Jan. 11 and will update the 730N with the new 430N features. At the time they were still claiming the 730N was standard on the Overland (as still does the web site) so they could not answer the question of upgrade price for the RHR. It appears you have solved that puzzle.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community