Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   All wheel drive dyno tune for srt8.... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/all-wheel-drive-dyno-tune-for-srt8-11608.html)

rsone11 08-03-2010 06:12 AM

All wheel drive dyno tune for srt8....

I have a 2010 srt8 and I'm looking to get a custom dyno tune done for this thing. My mods are as follows... Bwoody CAI, billet tech catch can, 180 tstat, 18# radiator cap, Borla type s exhaust. Everything was installed by AJ @ Westbury Jeep about 2 months ago... So I went to him last week and asked him when he could do a dyno tune and he said he has no time right now and that he's not doing them and doesn't know when he will start doing them again. So I have 2 other options, one is going to Ralph & Johns in Brooklyn NY but the thing is they only have a 2wd dyno, or taking it to Enzo in Bayshore NY who has an all wheel dyno anyone have any experience with these guys? And from everyones experience besides the numbers being incorrect what else would be the cons to running this truck on a 2wd dyno? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

rsone11 08-04-2010 06:04 AM

Re: All wheel drive dyno tune for srt8....

Anybody have any info at all?

blackpepper 08-04-2010 10:02 AM

Do the AWD dyno, if you like the shop there shouldn't be any problems. Dyno's can be expensive so you might end up calling MHP for a custom email tune.

Good luck.

Robert Palmer 08-04-2010 10:07 AM

If you want, I have heard nothing but good things from Josh at HHP. Bad thing is that you'd have to take a trip to DE.

blackpepper 08-04-2010 10:11 AM

Come to Ditos Motors in California ... a $190 cmr tune is hard to beat.. ;)

eh

Mike_Levy 08-04-2010 10:22 AM

AJ is booked solid right now unfortunetly. He doesn't even have time to do minor stuff. I ended up having to find my own misfire and swap my own plugs, and now have to wait 2 weeks for a stupid weatherstripping change. I'd still wait for him though. Ralph and Johns is awful. I was gonna go to them and was told straight out by the guys at DiabloSport not to. Enzo i have no experience with.

I would avoid a 2WD dyno. Running these trucks in 2wd has a tendancy to destroy the transfer case. Theres slip, theres heat and the clutches burn out.

rsone11 08-04-2010 10:28 AM

Well Enzo is asking $450 for the dyno tune but I'm gona go ask AJ if he has heard of him... Josh at hhp wants anywhere from $450-$800 that's way over priced I think for that being that AJ gets $525 for a dyno tune

Escape 08-04-2010 12:50 PM

For your mods a Bwoody CAI, 180 tstat and Borla type s exhaust an Email CMR would do you just fine.

I'd say save your money for more mods.

Immo 08-04-2010 01:00 PM

With those Mods, I'd get an e-mail tune from Johan....

probablecauz 08-04-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immo (Post 247221)
With those Mods, I'd get an e-mail tune from Johan....

i second that. :thumbsup: get an email tune, do some datalogging and wait till you get more mods for a dyno tune

rsone11 08-04-2010 04:19 PM

the thing is how can you really drive this truck to get it tested in ny without getting cops to harrass you?

rsone11 08-04-2010 04:20 PM

as far as data logging and stuff