Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/poll-oem-srts-or-replicas-11611.html)

Brandy 08-03-2010 07:05 AM

Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's?
 
Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's Wheels?

CPT2010 08-03-2010 07:28 AM

Re: Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's?
 
depends, wanna spend $800 on a set of replicas, or have the srt stamped on, and have to pay a sh*t ton for OEM..

Jeep06 08-03-2010 07:34 AM

Re: Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's?
 
Replicas, If money not an issue then get the OEM

Megatron 08-03-2010 07:58 AM

Re: Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep06 (Post 246218)
Replicas, If money not an issue then get the OEM

X2..

DJ BoNiOmArIo 08-03-2010 08:07 AM

Re: Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's?
 
replica's FTW you're always gonna curb rash ur rims even if u take care of them wouldn't wanna spend that much $$$ for something when I can get the same exact looking thing for cheaper

CPT2010 08-03-2010 08:13 AM

Re: Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's?
 
for the price of a set of oem's you can get a tuner exhaust and CAI and replicas....

DJ BoNiOmArIo 08-03-2010 08:16 AM

Re: Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's?
 
x2

White WK Swagga 08-03-2010 08:48 AM

Re: Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CPT2010 (Post 246231)
for the price of a set of oem's you can get a tuner exhaust and CAI and replicas....

:metoo::iws:X3, LOL

White Chocolate 08-03-2010 09:12 AM

Re: Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's?
 
Get the replicas. Then you can buy a 5th for a spare ;)

Mike_Levy 08-03-2010 10:36 AM

Re: Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's?
 
What motor do you have? The OEMs are forged and weigh significantly less then the cast replicas. And its reciprocating mass. If you have a weaker motor, then the OEM would be the way to go to keep your truck from becoming the slug on the road that everyone wants to throw salt on.

The forged OEs are also stronger, so if you live someplace with lots of potholes, theres less of a chance of bending one. The replicas aren't a deal if you gotta keep replacing them.

soontobesrt 08-03-2010 10:43 AM

Re: Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_Levy (Post 246340)
What motor do you have? The OEMs are forged and weigh significantly less then the cast replicas. And its reciprocating mass. If you have a weaker motor, then the OEM would be the way to go to keep your truck from becoming the slug on the road that everyone wants to throw salt on.

The forged OEs are also stronger, so if you live someplace with lots of potholes, theres less of a chance of bending one. The replicas aren't a deal if you gotta keep replacing them.

I'm w/ Mike on this one, mainly for the strength reasoning. I hit tons of potholes and bumps and I like knowing I have these forged wheels rather than cast. Im sure id have bent or cracked one and replaced it by now. Thankfully not the case, plus, OEM looks cooler ;)

DJ BoNiOmArIo 08-03-2010 10:51 AM

Re: Poll: OEM SRT's or Replica's?
 
the weight difference between the forged and replicas is not significant enough to make the ride the slug of the road ... it's already a 4,500 lbs brick so adding 100 lbs or even less more should not make that much of a difference


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community