Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Any difference between 2009 and 2010 GC 3.7 exhaust sytem? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/any-difference-between-2009-and-2010-gc-3-7-exhaust-sytem-11637.html)

jvs0302 08-03-2010 09:07 PM

Any difference between 2009 and 2010 GC 3.7 exhaust sytem?
 
I am looking at the Magnaflow 16834 kit for my 2010 GC 3.7, but all of the sites I look at say it fits up to a 2009. I am assuming there is absolutely no difference between the 2009 and 2010 model years, but just wanted to run it by you guys.

jvs0302 08-04-2010 03:42 PM

Re: Any difference between 2009 and 2010 GC 3.7 exhaust sytem?
 
anybody know where I could find this info? itchin to get this thing ordered!

soontobesrt 08-04-2010 05:24 PM

Re: Any difference between 2009 and 2010 GC 3.7 exhaust sytem?
 
Its not different, haven't changed the design since like 2005 on anything frame wise in the Laredos so the hangers and all will def be the same. And either way, you are replacing it with this lol.

All the exhaust shop or whoever is doing the work is going to do is unbolt the muffler back and rip it out, then bolt up the new flange on this magnaflow kit then hang it haha.

If they try to charge you more than like $100 I wouldn't bother, just do it yourself. All you need is a wrench, 30 minutes and a beer lol

maxst2 08-04-2010 08:22 PM

Re: Any difference between 2009 and 2010 GC 3.7 exhaust sytem?
 
Personally Id go the extra mile and get it welded. I've used a bolt on kit on a CAR and it didnt go so well.

HemiDawg 08-05-2010 10:05 AM

Re: Any difference between 2009 and 2010 GC 3.7 exhaust sytem?
 
I had the same issue with my 2010 5.7 - Magnaflow only had up to 2009 listed. I ordered it anyway and it looks like it will fit.

Only issue I found is that the instructions for the MF system say you can disassemble everything to remove the stock system, but actually I will have to cut the pipe near the rear axle because there is no flange back there as the instructions indicate.

jvs0302 08-05-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiDawg (Post 247658)
I had the same issue with my 2010 5.7 - Magnaflow only had up to 2009 listed. I ordered it anyway and it looks like it will fit.

Only issue I found is that the instructions for the MF system say you can disassemble everything to remove the stock system, but actually I will have to cut the pipe near the rear axle because there is no flange back there as the instructions indicate.

I will have to take a look and see if the 3.7 setup has the flange

I saw in another thread you were concerned about drone because of your wife and kid on the way. I am in the same boat as you. Have a newborn and really don't want to deal with drone at all. Any idea if these magnaflow catback systems drone at cruising highway speeds? I'm just looking for a better note when I get on it, but otherwise want it to be relatively quiet

gc4x4 08-05-2010 12:36 PM

Re: Any difference between 2009 and 2010 GC 3.7 exhaust sytem?
 
I have the Magnaflow 12286 24' inch muffler and I like it, its not too loud and gives the right amount of tone without being ricey. I haven't noticed any drone at speed as it quiets down while cruising.

jvs0302 08-05-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc4x4 (Post 247749)
I have the Magnaflow 12286 24' inch muffler and I like it, its not too loud and gives the right amount of tone without being ricey. I haven't noticed any drone at speed as it quiets down while cruising.

I listened to your videos, it sounds great! I am considering going that route but I like the simplicity of a bolt-on catback with a nice tip already included. I found it online for very cheap too. The 12286 is a 5x8x24 right? The muffler in the catback setup is 5x11x22, so slightly shorter but larger in diameter. I would imagine it to sound roughly the same as yours? Unless they have different models when it comes to flow etc...

HemiDawg 08-05-2010 03:04 PM

Re: Any difference between 2009 and 2010 GC 3.7 exhaust sytem?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jvs0302 (Post 247675)
I will have to take a look and see if the 3.7 setup has the flange

I saw in another thread you were concerned about drone because of your wife and kid on the way. I am in the same boat as you. Have a newborn and really don't want to deal with drone at all. Any idea if these magnaflow catback systems drone at cruising highway speeds? I'm just looking for a better note when I get on it, but otherwise want it to be relatively quiet

Based on what I have read everyone is saying there is very little drone as long as it has the resonator. Baby doesn't seem to be bothered by the roar of the intake, so I am thinking we are going to be OK with the muffler. Just have to find time to get it in...

B.P.O.D 08-05-2010 03:17 PM

Re: Any difference between 2009 and 2010 GC 3.7 exhaust sytem?
 
the 09 and 10 are exactly the same 2.5 in piping


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community