Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Jeep arrive in Canada,my first test drive. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/jeep-arrive-in-canada-my-first-test-drive-11649.html)

mangoe 08-04-2010 02:17 PM

Jeep arrive in Canada,my first test drive.
 
I went to the dealer today to see and test drive the brand new jeep here in Saskatchewan Canada,holy smoke it look good on the internet, but in reality it is wicked.Beefy and juicy both in and out.

The dealer had a silver limited fully loaded,this jeep is also smart too, the salesman could not use the remote to open the lift gate because the flipper window with the wiper was not close properly,then he realize it,then he close it,and was able to open the lift gate with the remote.

I look at this jeep in and outside it is a work of art, beautiful jeep,it is bigger and higher than my 1995 orvis edition,it is more powerful and give better gas mileage with a smaller engine v6 compare to my big 1995 v8 engine.

I sat in the back of the jeep to see if there was more leg room,oh! yes more leg room,I pull the lever to recline the seat and pull down the rear seat center arm rest to see if it was comfortable it was comfortable.

The salesman and I took the jeep on the highway for a test ride,it is quiet,everything on the inside is nice and tight,no rattle or squeaks,with the big screen retract to reveal the huge panoramic sun roof it was beautiful driving this jeep,I also turned on the cooled seats, it was a nice ride,it had skid plates tow hooks,trailer hitch,a fully loaded limited, 18 inch wheels.

Anybody that felt inferior in their previous jeep when they pull up beside a Mercedes Benz or a BMW,or a Porsche Cayenne,Range Rover,NOT ANYMORE with this 2011 jeep, when it comes to quality and class this jeep ranks right up there,now your 0 to 60, this jeep is not a sport car,that is for the srt to slain those imports.Overall a well good job done by Chrysler and just think that the overland take this jeep up another level of soft leather on the dash and more sophistication.

When I am ready I will be buying the black berry pearl right here in Canada with all the mopar accessories.

Technosavant 08-04-2010 02:29 PM

Re: Jeep arrive in Canada,my first test drive.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoe (Post 247252)

Anybody that felt inferior in their previous jeep when they pull up beside a Mercedes Benz or a BMW,or a Porsche Cayenne,Range Rover,NOT ANYMORE with this 2011 jeep, when it comes to quality and class this jeep ranks right up there,

Before we got serious about ordering, we looked at Lexus, Volvo, Audi, and Cadillac.

The Grand Cherokee (especially the Overland) has everything those vehicles have for much less. For example- if you equip a RX350 to match an Overland, you're pushing $47000 (at least), not to mention higher maintenance costs (an oil change at a premium brand dealer costs about double an oil change at a Jeep dealer, and other maintenance items are similarly marked up). The Jeep may not have the cachet of those other names, but it DOES have the ability to leave those vehicles far behind once the pavement ends.

Anybody shopping luxury SUVs really needs to give the GC a look, they'll save a bundle.

White Chocolate 08-04-2010 02:48 PM

Re: Jeep arrive in Canada,my first test drive.
 
Just outta curiousity, where in Canada are you?

mangoe 08-04-2010 03:41 PM

Re: Jeep arrive in Canada,my first test drive.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KlutcH (Post 247261)
Just outta curiousity, where in Canada are you?

Western Canada, Regina.

White Chocolate 08-04-2010 04:57 PM

Re: Jeep arrive in Canada,my first test drive.
 
Sweet Im from Saskatoon. I wonder if anywhere in saskatoon has em yet

Easy Ed 08-04-2010 05:11 PM

Re: Jeep arrive in Canada,my first test drive.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 247255)
Before we got serious about ordering, we looked at Lexus, Volvo, Audi, and Cadillac.

The Grand Cherokee (especially the Overland) has everything those vehicles have for much less. For example- if you equip a RX350 to match an Overland, you're pushing $47000 (at least), not to mention higher maintenance costs (an oil change at a premium brand dealer costs about double an oil change at a Jeep dealer, and other maintenance items are similarly marked up). The Jeep may not have the cachet of those other names, but it DOES have the ability to leave those vehicles far behind once the pavement ends.

Anybody shopping luxury SUVs really needs to give the GC a look, they'll save a bundle.

Trouble is, all those other SUVs will blow its doors off [even the HEMI with its embarrassing 7.5sec. 0-60].

bluethunderjeep 08-04-2010 05:12 PM

Re: Jeep arrive in Canada,my first test drive.
 
I caught my first look at one yesterday, a silver Laredo. All I can say is until you see one in person, don't criticize the appearance.
As much as I like the new design, pictures/video cannot do justice.
I knew instantly it was a WK2, and my reaction was wow; just wow!

Dave

jeepster23 08-04-2010 05:48 PM

Re: Jeep arrive in Canada,my first test drive.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Ed (Post 247338)
Trouble is, all those other SUVs will blow its doors off [even the HEMI with its embarrassing 7.5sec. 0-60].

Its not suppose to be a race car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Technosavant 08-04-2010 07:23 PM

Re: Jeep arrive in Canada,my first test drive.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Ed (Post 247338)
Trouble is, all those other SUVs will blow its doors off [even the HEMI with its embarrassing 7.5sec. 0-60].

Yup.

And the $30,000 Ford Mustang GT will show nothing but taillights to all those SUVs.

There's no end of vehicles faster than a SUV. If you want 0-60 speed, even the beloved SRT variants won't get it done for you. Now, explain to me why you'd buy an Overland, Lexus RX, or that kind of thing for drag racing, since actually using that kind of acceleration is irresponsible and reckless on the street.

Yes, speed doesn't hurt, and absolute speed often isn't used but hints at good capabilities to have (like passing on a 2 lane road). Still, that is NOT a main concern with these. I ordered a V6 model, which tests out at 8.5 second 0-60. That's good enough for street use. The Lexus RX shows upper six second range 0-60, which is fine and good, but I doubt anybody with one has regularly plumbed the depths of those numbers. The Land Rover LR4, about the only competing premium SUV that can match it off road, is in the low six second range, but turns in FAR worse efficiency numbers- on the order of 10-20% worse than the Hemi Grand Cherokee, let alone the V6 (about 30% worse).

When it comes to off road capability, efficiency, and speed, you can pick TWO. No more. The mass required to have the vehicle hold together off road means it will accelerate slower unless you put an enormous engine in there. That enormous engine won't sip fuel, it will drink it like a Pepsi through a fire hose.

For comparison, I currently drive a Patriot (CVT 4x4), which is somewhere in the ten-plus second range to 60, and it's plenty capable enough in town and on the highway. 8.5 seconds feels like a sports car to me.

Worry less about numbers and more about how you actually use the vehicle.

Easy Ed 08-04-2010 11:40 PM

Re: Jeep arrive in Canada,my first test drive.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 247401)
Yup.

And the $30,000 Ford Mustang GT will show nothing but taillights to all those SUVs.

There's no end of vehicles faster than a SUV. If you want 0-60 speed, even the beloved SRT variants won't get it done for you. Now, explain to me why you'd buy an Overland, Lexus RX, or that kind of thing for drag racing, since actually using that kind of acceleration is irresponsible and reckless on the street.

Yes, speed doesn't hurt, and absolute speed often isn't used but hints at good capabilities to have (like passing on a 2 lane road). Still, that is NOT a main concern with these. I ordered a V6 model, which tests out at 8.5 second 0-60. That's good enough for street use. The Lexus RX shows upper six second range 0-60, which is fine and good, but I doubt anybody with one has regularly plumbed the depths of those numbers. The Land Rover LR4, about the only competing premium SUV that can match it off road, is in the low six second range, but turns in FAR worse efficiency numbers- on the order of 10-20% worse than the Hemi Grand Cherokee, let alone the V6 (about 30% worse).

When it comes to off road capability, efficiency, and speed, you can pick TWO. No more. The mass required to have the vehicle hold together off road means it will accelerate slower unless you put an enormous engine in there. That enormous engine won't sip fuel, it will drink it like a Pepsi through a fire hose.

For comparison, I currently drive a Patriot (CVT 4x4), which is somewhere in the ten-plus second range to 60, and it's plenty capable enough in town and on the highway. 8.5 seconds feels like a sports car to me.

Worry less about numbers and more about how you actually use the vehicle.


I live in Montana with most roads being two lanes requiring power to safely pass. Fact, less than 5% of GC owners take it seriously off road so why over build it at the expense of MPG and performance? Fact, the LR4 has comparable HP, torque, weight, mpg as the hemi but destroys it 0-60. Why?

05wkguy 08-05-2010 12:09 AM

Re: Jeep arrive in Canada,my first test drive.
 
I'm definately gonna have to check the dealership out.

< off-topic>==hello fellow Reginian!!

jeepster23 08-05-2010 05:40 AM

Re: Jeep arrive in Canada,my first test drive.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Ed (Post 247494)
I live in Montana with most roads being two lanes requiring power to safely pass. Fact, less than 5% of GC owners take it seriously off road so why over build it at the expense of MPG and performance? Fact, the LR4 has comparable HP, torque, weight, mpg as the hemi but destroys it 0-60. Why?

One word for you GEARING!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community