Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Floormats (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/floormats-11735.html)

skinny 08-08-2010 12:40 PM

Floormats

I should be taking delivery on my new 2011 by the end of this month. I have husky liners in my 2007 and pretty sure they won't fit in the 2011. I checked husky and weathertech sites but neither have mats for the 2011. Any idea when either of these companies get mats for the newest models?

Knightrider03m 08-08-2010 01:03 PM

Re: Floormats

Depending on how popular the new WK is, it should take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. Who knows. Just call and ask them. Maybe if you offer to have them use your car, they may give you the mats for free

Steeler 08-08-2010 04:01 PM

I called Weathertech about 3 weeks ago. The nice lady who answered the phone told me that they are working on them, but had no idea how long it would be. Right now I have paper and towels trying to protect the rug. Hopefully they will ready soon.

Jim Hef 08-08-2010 04:50 PM

I have the Jeep brand "slush mats" in my '99 WJ, and they still clean up like new. I plan to do the same after I get the new WK2. They are in the accessories catalog, so you may be able to order them now. Generally, they work just like the WeatherTech ones, but have the specific Jeep logo instead, and will probably be molded in better matching color choices.

skinny 08-08-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hef (Post 248985)
I have the Jeep brand "slush mats" in my '99 WJ, and they still clean up like new. I plan to do the same after I get the new WK2. They are in the accessories catalog, so you may be able to order them now. Generally, they work just like the WeatherTech ones, but have the specific Jeep logo instead, and will probably be molded in better matching color choices.

Thanks a bunch. I will check them out.

whatevrworks 08-18-2010 09:42 AM

Bump for this thread.

Anyone have any word on the rubber all weather mats for the wk2? I see "premium" carpet mats from jeep accessories but not rubber.

bh22jeep 08-18-2010 10:49 AM

Just make sure your Gas peddle is not going to hang up on it...

whatevrworks 08-18-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh22jeep (Post 254572)
Just make sure your Gas peddle is not going to hang up on it...

Nah, its cool. I am one of those gifted american drivers NOT in a prius that can tell the difference between the gas and brake!:thumbsup:

bh22jeep 08-18-2010 10:55 AM

lol

Jim Hef 08-18-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatevrworks (Post 254451)
...Anyone have any word on the rubber all weather mats for the wk2?....

They are listed as "slush mats" in the 8 page brochure PDF at WK2Jeeps.com, but not referenced in the 20 page one. I imagine they will be available shortly, if not now.

\\WK2// 08-18-2010 12:01 PM

I emailed Weathertech last week. Response below...

The DigitalFit Floorliners and Cargoliner should be available within 10-12 weeks. I would suggest filling out our product request form (link below) to help make these products a priority for our product development team, and you will be notified when it becomes available.

http://www.weathertech.com/service/applicationrequest.aspx

Feel free to contact me with any further questions or comments, and thank you for your interest in our products!

Kelly Martin
Customer Service Representative
KMartin@MacNeil.com

Technosavant 08-18-2010 12:26 PM

I went ahead and submitted a product request too. While I wouldn't rule out getting the Jeep accessory rubber mats for winter use, I would be interested in the Weathertech ones instead.