Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   70,000 orders for Jeep Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/70-000-orders-for-jeep-grand-cherokee-11773.html)

ostroveni 08-09-2010 09:43 PM

70,000 orders for Jeep Grand Cherokee

"The changeover to the redesigned Grand Cherokee, which began production in the second quarter, cost around $50 million, largely driven by pre-production and testing expenses, Richard Palmer, chief financial officer, said on the call.
The automaker has about 70,000 orders for the vehicle already, Marchionne said, who called it a significant success. " - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...ing-sales.html

I guess, we will have to wait a long time to get our cars delivered :(

JohnS 08-10-2010 07:02 AM

Re: 70,000 orders for Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote:

Originally Posted by ostroveni (Post 249571)
"... I guess, we will have to wait a long time to get our cars delivered :(

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I had a similar experience. I placed an order for my Charger SRT-8 in October, 2005 & received it at the end of March, 2006.

I called my dealer for my Jeep's status yesterday. He hasn't given me an answer, yet. It's not a good sign.:(

It's great Chrysler/Jeep seems to have a winner here, but long delivery lead times will upset a lot of customers.

barho 08-10-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnS (Post 249733)
Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I had a similar experience. I placed an order for my Charger SRT-8 in October, 2005 & received it at the end of March, 2006.

I called my dealer for my Jeep's status yesterday. He hasn't given me an answer, yet. It's not a good sign.:(

It's great Chrysler/Jeep seems to have a winner here, but long delivery lead times will upset a lot of customers.

The Charger SRT is a limited production vehicle. You won't have to wait like you did for it.

jhawk 08-10-2010 08:08 AM

my dealer has 15 GC's.

Grn4Frk 08-10-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnS (Post 249733)

Well I'd look at this way, it might take a little longer to get your new jeep but at least it will have been inspected properly and built perfectly. If they just threw them together, we'd have another diamlerchrysler vehicle which is something that we do not need lol. I agree waiting makes me so angry ahh

JohnS 08-10-2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barho (Post 249749)
The Charger SRT is a limited production vehicle. You won't have to wait like you did for it.

Fingers are crossed!:)

BTW, I'm not sure if this info. has been posted before or not. Does anyone know the typical daily or weekly production total for the WK2?

Paul Appell 08-10-2010 09:23 AM

My July 19 ordered Overland is in D status. Whenever we get our cars, we can rest assured that it will be sooner than those in Europe. See below article:
www.eurocarblog.com/post/3400/jeep-grand-cherokee-european-debut-delayed

Technosavant 08-10-2010 09:36 AM

I wonder how many of those orders are just dealers for their own inventory and how many are actual consumer orders with ready money. If the first, it's a hopeful sign. If the second, well, WOW.

Marlon_JB2 08-10-2010 11:46 AM

That order number is wrong. It's higher.

Jim Hef 08-10-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 (Post 249859)
That order number is wrong. It's higher.

We'll take your word on that, and no matter, it's impressive since it's already over twice the production of last year's WK. I'm happy to hear this for Chrysler's sake, and hopefully, their other offerings will be accepted in a similar way. Maybe a strong comeback to rival what Ford is doing?

Marlon_JB2 08-10-2010 12:38 PM

Ford's current way of doing business is to slap new interiors and sheetmetal on an old product, and calling it all-new. And people are falling for it. Shame. No wonder they are making billions of dollars, they are NOT making any truly new product. (With the exception of the Fiesta and Focus)

Oh, and last year's WK?

No offense to anybody, but it sucked. Of course the WK2 will sell better. It didn't fit the definition of the Grand Cherokee had become. It's supposed to be the Luxury Offroad Jeep. The WK was just a big Liberty. (And this is what I like about it, go figure.)

The original ZJ's intention, by AMC (NOT CHRYSLER) was to replace the Cherokee. Chrysler did NOT replace it due to the still strong sales for the Cherokee, they kept it around, gave the ZJ The Grand Cherokee name, then a few years after its release, made it the Luxo-Jeep.

Go find a '93 I-6 5 Speed, and tell me how "luxurious" that is.

Robert Palmer 08-10-2010 01:00 PM

I agree that the fit and finish of the 2010 Jeep sucks. I have rattles already. LOL