Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Help Pick My Muffler (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/help-pick-my-muffler-11780.html)

White Chocolate 08-10-2010 01:14 AM

Help Pick My Muffler

Alright Guys. I had a HUGE talk with Joe LOL......He has got me convinced on purchasing a muffler system.

All I want is some sweet badass noise, so I won't be doing a catback exhaust.

All I will be doing is Muffler, with no Reso and Stainless Steel 3" or 4" Single Tip

Now. Joe had me convinced on Dynomax Race Bullet Muffler, but Im worried it will be to loud. (Where people look at me like im an idiot.)

However, I do want a badass sound.

Pick the muffler.

Flowmaster Delta 40
Dynomax Race Bullet

List the pros and cons with both. I will be making my decision in the next week.

So far I'm stuck on Dynomax, it sound badass on Joes jeep, however I have NEVER heard a dynomax PERSONALLY.

vote....i need EVERYONE to vote and give opinons.

Stick to just these two mufflers please!

StoneCold 08-10-2010 03:21 AM

Re: Help Pick My Muffler

This is THE most badass one I've ever heard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P76s_pBq2nQ

:D

Although it may just be a wee bit too loud for some. But I do like the flowmaster. It's subtle, but badass when it needs to be.

LTrainGC 08-10-2010 07:24 AM

Have you considered doing a straight pipe (muffler delete) and keeping just the resonator?

CPT2010 08-10-2010 07:42 AM

YES! please choose a 16 inch powerstick as your setup.

me and you have the same jeep, my setup is 16inch powerstick, no resonator. sounds like a catback exhaust system.

I've also got great throttle response and power from it with my AFE intake.

the guy who makes and sells them is a really cool guy, ships fast and stands behind his work

Scottina06 08-10-2010 08:01 AM

you do know that if you listen to Joe...your gonna have DROne out the ass! And people WILL look at you like your an idiot....lol

DJ BoNiOmArIo 08-10-2010 08:20 AM

x2 on cutting out muffler and keeping reso

White Chocolate 08-10-2010 08:35 AM

Well I like the sound of his Dynomax muffler. How do I get rid of the drone, leave the reso on???

Scottina06 08-10-2010 08:46 AM

dont put that piece of crap muffler on there.....LOL

White Chocolate 08-10-2010 08:55 AM

What's wrong with dynomax or flowmaster. They are both good mufflers. What does deleting the reso do? Make more loud noise?? And I'm only picking from these two mufflers.

LTrainGC 08-10-2010 09:05 AM

The resonator cuts out pretty much all drone.

I really liked the sound of the MBRP on my Jeep... it was loud but it wasn't crazy loud, and on long highway trips it could get to be a bit much even with MDS disabled but I got used to it after a while.

Going with the dynomax muffler and no reso is basically a straight pipe - yeah you've got that "muffler" on there but it really doesn't do much to quiet things down.

I know on my truck I'm going to delete my muffler and just run straight pipe to the resonators... going to wait until I get a tuner though so I can disable MDS.

If you truly want ridiculous loud, go with the set up Joe had. The MBRP cat-back is a bit more subdued, but it's still loud.

White Chocolate 08-10-2010 09:06 AM

Ive heard Joes old Jeep with the Dynomax without Reso, but does anyone on this forum have a video of their Jeep with the Flowmaster Delta 40 without Reso. I cant seem to find anything on youtube, just found Hemi Dodge Rams, which are close, but I'd like to hear it from a Jeep 5.7L

Chaoul1 08-10-2010 09:53 AM

Dude go with something different. Don't go with Flowmasters.