Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   A bit odd... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/a-bit-odd-11799.html)

StoneCold 08-10-2010 06:23 PM

A bit odd...

I've not used the Jeep for about a week now. Just jumped in it to start it and it started ok, the hazard lights flashed, then the engine seemed to lose power. All the internal/external electrics work fine, I'm presuming it's just down to it not being used. There was also a ticking noise coming from inside, that went away once I started it. The other thing is the switch for unlocking all the doors didn't work to start with (no power) but is fine now. I've taken it for a run and all seems well.

I've not driven it cause I'm tinting my windows and I have had the stereo on while doing it, so hopefully it is just battery drain.

Anyone any ideas if this could be something else?

robpp 08-10-2010 06:49 PM

Re: A bit odd...

my wk will act funny for a bit after i reconnect the battery . like the power locks may not work until i once start the car.

did you have it disconnected? or just run down?

DJ BoNiOmArIo 08-10-2010 08:31 PM

sounds like battery

StoneCold 08-11-2010 03:33 AM

Just run down Rob. Checked it this morning and all is fine. I guess it was just me spending hours farting around with tint whilst listening to David Hasselho...I mean Metallica on my stereo.:D

DJ BoNiOmArIo 08-11-2010 08:51 AM

freakin homo LOL

08Hemi 08-11-2010 07:53 PM

Haha lmfao! FYI u should always start your vehicle after u have had the stereo/lights/nav etc on for over an hour. Just let it idle for a couple mins and it will def help. Everytime u let your battery die like that, some of the cells will not reach full capacity again. The extent of the damage is dependent on the age of the batter and usage/ use conditions.

StoneCold 08-12-2010 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boniomario (Post 250251)
freakin homo LOL

Am not!:slapfight::lol: That's it I'm going home...where's my purse?:D

StoneCold 08-12-2010 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Hemi (Post 250536)
Haha lmfao! FYI u should always start your vehicle after u have had the stereo/lights/nav etc on for over an hour. Just let it idle for a couple mins and it will def help. Everytime u let your battery die like that, some of the cells will not reach full capacity again. The extent of the damage is dependent on the age of the batter and usage/ use conditions.

Ah, I didn't know that, excellent info. Thanks:thumbsup: I'm probably needing a new battery soon anyway.

Just had a brief moment of panic when it didn't start. Thanks guys.