Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   couple of easy questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/couple-of-easy-questions-11938.html)

BillaWha? 08-15-2010 03:13 PM

couple of easy questions

ok has anyone ever heard or even bought a blankkey/remote for an 05 off of ebay and does it work?

and the other thing do you have to take the roof rails completly off to take out the cross bars?

thanks

J13ntv 08-15-2010 08:09 PM

Re: couple of easy questions

Don't believe so, I gathered this from the net...

"The rail end caps, two at the rear and two at the front, are attached with plastic clip tabs. To remove or install the adjustable crossrails, the two rear caps must be removed. The easiest way to remove them is to pry out one side with a trim stick or your fingers while pulling the cap up from the back (front side of vehicle). Note the location of the lock tabs in the photo above. The edges of the caps can be sharp so it's best to use a rag or glove to protect your fingers while pulling them off. When re-installing, make sure to align the end tab and check that they are completely seated on all sides."

In regards to the KEY, never tried ebay, I do know you'd have to have the dealership program it for you if necessary...

Scottina06 08-15-2010 08:15 PM

if you have two working keys now...you can buy a new key, have it cut and then program it yourself. If you dont have two working keys...you will have to get it cut and programmed to your Jeep.

BillaWha? 08-15-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 252923)
if you have two working keys now...you can buy a new key, have it cut and then program it yourself. If you dont have two working keys...you will have to get it cut and programmed to your Jeep.

i have one working keep but it does not have a remote i have just the key

J13ntv 08-15-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillaWha? (Post 252967)
i have one working keep but it does not have a remote i have just the key

Just one key then, you'll have to go to the dealer to have it cut/programmed as per Scott.. However the key off ebay may be ok it just needs to be cut/programmed.

Scottina06 08-15-2010 09:29 PM

you will have to buy a new fob key and have it programmed

BillaWha? 08-15-2010 10:24 PM

the programing at the dealer is fine i just need to know if i can buy one off ebay and save 60$

J13ntv 08-15-2010 10:25 PM

Look at the feedback of the seller, generally it speaks for itself, if people are having great luck, I'd imagine its working, people wouldn't be buying keys on Ebay if they were just souvenirs! :D