Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Cherokee-SJ and XJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f19/)
-   -   Body Trim/Bumper needed! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f19/body-trim-bumper-needed-11983.html)

JerryC 08-16-2010 01:58 PM

Body Trim/Bumper needed!

1 Attachment(s)
Guys,

I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, and the trim on both side doors (in the red square) and the end peices of the front & back bumpers (in the red circles) are a grey color now from being faded. Im trying to find these parts new or used in great to good condition.. I was going to paint them but if i can get these peices new then that would work out better for me. Let me know, thanks!!

JerryC 08-16-2010 02:00 PM

Re: Body Trim/Bumper needed!

ps: thats not my truck picturd

TJXJWJ 08-16-2010 02:07 PM

Google Davey's Jeeps...he has a lot of good used items for XJ and TJ.

Back to Black from Mother's really helps re-darken those parts you're talking about too, might be worth a shot.

Lastly, the ones that go along the length of the body...I took them off totally on my XJ and it looked a lot better without them in my opinion. They are on with nothing more than double-sided tape.

TJXJWJ 08-16-2010 02:08 PM

Oh, and you're in the wrong forum buddy...you might get more response in the cherokee forum...this is the grand cherokee forum.

JerryC 08-16-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 253373)
Google Davey's Jeeps...he has a lot of good used items for XJ and TJ.

Back to Black from Mother's really helps re-darken those parts you're talking about too, might be worth a shot.

Lastly, the ones that go along the length of the body...I took them off totally on my XJ and it looked a lot better without them in my opinion. They are on with nothing more than double-sided tape.

LOL are u serious?! Tape!?! Oh jeez!! LOL

Yeah i tried back to black.. was good for a week.. then went back to faded grey...

thanks dude!

TJXJWJ 08-16-2010 02:14 PM

Yeah if you decide to go without, be prepared for a long afternoon of double-sided tape removal. GooGone.

Then follow with some polish after a good bath. By the time I was done you could never tell I ever had them on and that was on a black paint job....

JerryC 08-16-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 253383)
Yeah if you decide to go without, be prepared for a long afternoon of double-sided tape removal. GooGone.

Then follow with some polish after a good bath. By the time I was done you could never tell I ever had them on and that was on a black paint job....

Thats sounds lengthy but awesome.. thanks again..

Scottina06 08-16-2010 02:44 PM

if you decide you want new...try justforjeeps.com

JerryC 08-16-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 253397)
if you decide you want new...try justforjeeps.com

Thanks bro..

Scottina06 08-16-2010 04:22 PM

we get a 5% extra discount as well...be sure to mention you are a JG member

TJXJWJ 08-17-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryc (Post 253388)
thats sounds lengthy but awesome.. Thanks again..

that's what she said

B.P.O.D 08-17-2010 01:35 PM

jerry if u wanna remove the molding on the side and not have the moldings at all, ill swing by your house and we'll knock it out before hitting SR:) let me know!