Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   How do you disable the horn beep when locking the doors? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/how-do-you-disable-the-horn-beep-when-locking-the-doors-11995.html)

jpsmith 08-16-2010 07:03 PM

How do you disable the horn beep when locking the doors?

Anyone know how to reprogram the WK2 so that the horn does not beep when you lock the doors with the key fob or with the button on the exterior door handles? I hate the beep. I was able to disable it in my KJ by following some song & dance with the key in the ignition, IIRC, but the WK2 doesn't have an ignition tumbler, so I'm not sure how to do it. Nothing in the owner's manual. Hopefully it doesn't take us back to ten years ago when a dealer had to do it.

Marlin 08-16-2010 07:05 PM

Re: How do you disable the horn beep when locking the doors?

Is it possibly like WK whereby that stuff can be programed within the EVIC?

jpsmith 08-16-2010 07:17 PM

Yeah, it's in the EVIC, sorry for the wasted post. When I was flicking through the paper manual in the glove box I didn't see it, but I just read all about it in the PDF manual from jeep.com.

dubwarren 08-16-2010 07:25 PM

you can customize your settings by using the arrow keys on the left side of the steering wheel. the little screen in between the speed and rpm gauges will show you your options, you can show speed, show fuel econ., engine info, rain sen. wipers ect, auto lock on exit, ect...

mangoe 08-16-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsmith (Post 253563)
Anyone know how to reprogram the WK2 so that the horn does not beep when you lock the doors with the key fob or with the button on the exterior door handles? I hate the beep. I was able to disable it in my KJ by following some song & dance with the key in the ignition, IIRC, but the WK2 doesn't have an ignition tumbler, so I'm not sure how to do it. Nothing in the owner's manual. Hopefully it doesn't take us back to ten years ago when a dealer had to do it.

I like your style,want to remain stealthy,don't want the wifey or girlfriend to know when you are coming or going, LOL.

phoebe 08-17-2010 04:37 AM

Haha, I remember going back to the dealer in '96 when I bought my 1st Grand Cherokee to have him disable the honk, stealthy is the way to go! :thumbsup:

sleepy93 09-20-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoe (Post 253641)
I like your style,want to remain stealthy,don't want the wifey or girlfriend to know when you are coming or going, LOL.

Nice!!

dubwarren 09-20-2010 09:05 PM

sleepy, post pics of the jeep.

J13ntv 09-20-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubwarren (Post 271496)
sleepy, post pics of the jeep.

He did dub, check it out...

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f14/just-got-my-2011-jeep-grand-cherokee-13041.html

Knightrider03m 09-20-2010 09:22 PM

I went to the dealership to turn mines on, along with having my auto lights stay on 60 sec after I shut her down. I don't care who sees me :lol:

dereksdad@beld.net 01-16-2012 09:41 AM

How do i disable the horn on lock feature if i do not have an EVIC??? My wife has a 2007 Patriot with no EVIC and i would like to turn the horn off when locking the car????

rich mac 01-18-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dereksdad@beld.net (Post 553570)
How do i disable the horn on lock feature if i do not have an EVIC??? My wife has a 2007 Patriot with no EVIC and i would like to turn the horn off when locking the car????

I was able to control several options on my '05 Liberty with the remote fob. Check your owner's manual.