Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   switching it up (suspension) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/switching-it-up-suspension-11996.html)

JRsmoothee 08-16-2010 07:07 PM

switching it up (suspension)

so i love the look my bwoody springs gave my jeep.....the ride isnt that bad, but i live in montana and i know its gonna be a rough ride during winter with icy ruts in the road......so i think im gonna switch it up, my main concern is to just get the jeep level, i was leaning toward srt eibachs but i think that it will not be a much smoother ride than the woodys....any suggestions

JRsmoothee 08-16-2010 07:18 PM

Re: switching it up (suspension)

im leaning toward stock srt springs or wk eibachs.....but from what i researched the srt springs still leave the ass end up, dont know about the wk's

Scottina06 08-16-2010 07:20 PM

the bwoodys are the only ones that level up the wk

JRsmoothee 08-16-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 253583)
the bwoodys are the only ones that level up the wk

f*ck not what i wanted to hear.......maybe i will just pay george the rest of the money and get my coilovers.... but wait until other people actually get theirs i dont know if i trust the personal check or moneyorder only options

TimmyB 08-16-2010 07:28 PM

I think that drop looks great. I have the SRT Eibachs, and it does appear to be very level from front to back. What I didnt do was upgrade the shocks, and so far I have blown and replaced the front right strut with a stock WK strut, blown my front left strut, and I believe my rear left shock is blown also. The rears im not concerned about since the travel between the bump stops in so small, but in the front when I go over bumps on the highway it feels like a boat going up and down on the left side. But again, looking at your picture your Jeep appears level to me and looking really good.

TimmyB 08-16-2010 07:30 PM

Oh, nevermind, I see you have the Bilsteins installed. Something I should do really soon.

JRsmoothee 08-16-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyB (Post 253590)
I think that drop looks great. I have the SRT Eibachs, and it does appear to be very level from front to back. What I didnt do was upgrade the shocks, and so far I have blown and replaced the front right strut with a stock WK strut, blown my front left strut, and I believe my rear left shock is blown also. The rears im not concerned about since the travel between the bump stops in so small, but in the front when I go over bumps on the highway it feels like a boat going up and down on the left side. But again, looking at your picture your Jeep appears level to me and looking really good.

well yeah its level now and i love the look, but winter is gonna be hell..... i need a smoother ride and level jeep......or some what level jeep

TimmyB 08-16-2010 07:32 PM

Your WK looks great, the only thing I would do is remove the roof racks. I luv your rims, and the drop on it looks perfect IMO.

Scottina06 08-16-2010 07:34 PM

try the stock SRT springs...they sound like what you want

JRsmoothee 08-16-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyB (Post 253593)
Your WK looks great, the only thing I would do is remove the roof racks. I luv your rims, and the drop on it looks perfect IMO.

yeah but its just not practical for winter.....especially since i have a baby on the way, i would hate to give my newborn shaken baby syndrome

TimmyB 08-16-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRsmoothee (Post 253592)
well yeah its level now and i love the look, but winter is gonna be hell..... i need a smoother ride and level jeep......or some what level jeep

I've had these SRT Eibach lowering springs and the 20" SRT Rep rims on all last winter and didnt notice any difference. I'm in New England, where we get the occasional blizzard, and with the tires I have on my Jeep made it thru everything. I was passing cars on the highway during snowstorms it went so good. Though I only have the 3.7 engine so it wasnt slipping out all the time.

JRsmoothee 08-16-2010 07:39 PM

i will be running stock rims/tires in the winter