Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Front Axle Traction Control info on the Quadra Drive II (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/front-axle-traction-control-info-on-the-quadra-drive-ii-12005.html)

Sir Bean 08-17-2010 12:08 PM

Front Axle Traction Control info on the Quadra Drive II

I was curious about the front axle traction control of the Quadra Drive II system, since the rear is Elec Slip. So I sent out a few emails to some people at Jeep and got my answer from the Engineering and Technology PR rep:

Q: With Quadra Drive, does the front axle traction control function using the brakes similar to the Quadra Trac II system?

A: Yes, same system. Rear axle with QDII has an ELSD.

blackpepper 08-17-2010 01:05 PM

Re: Front Axle Traction Control info on the Quadra Drive II

So it should be called QD 1-1/2???

J13ntv 08-17-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Bean (Post 253923)
I was curious about the front axle traction control of the Quadra Drive II system, since the rear is Elec Slip. So I sent out a few emails to some people at Jeep and got my answer from the Engineering and Technology PR rep:

Q: With Quadra Drive, does the front axle traction control function using the brakes similar to the Quadra Trac II system?

A: Yes, same system. Rear axle with QDII has an ELSD.

Yea its been discussed, some people want to wait and see when/if the front ELSD comes available for the people who want it for off-roading.

Jeff_Jeske 08-18-2010 11:40 PM

Why in the hell would they call it Quadra Drive if it's no better than a ford ranger?

Scottina06 08-19-2010 12:09 AM

thats a little harsh isnt it. Its better than the QT2 right?

RedRocker 08-19-2010 06:43 AM

I call it QDII-

They call it QDII for marketing purposes. Most people don't even know what real QDII does, so they're not going to notice that the new QDII- isn't as good as the old QDII.

Jim Hef 08-19-2010 09:05 AM

This is one of the questions I want to ask the engineers during the chat session. It seems to me that somewhere along the way, they decided that the front could be equally dealt with by the brake application technique. Considering the lack of droop of the independent suspension, we see that in the "test drive" videos, they may be correct. I'm hoping the brake thing works for those deep snow or muddy roads/trails where the limited slip comes into play.