Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Jeep Dealers in New Jersey - Recommendation Requested (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/jeep-dealers-in-new-jersey-recommendation-requested-12033.html)

Angel 08-18-2010 07:25 AM

Jeep Dealers in New Jersey - Recommendation Requested

Hi,
I am planning to buy a 2011 Grand Cherokee in early October. I live in New Jersey / Bergen County area. The nearest dealerships are:
  • Ramsey
  • Wayne
  • Nanuet
  • Little Ferry
Does someone has personal experiences and can recommend one of the dealers? I am especially interested in names of salesman.

One experience I can share in this forum: I was at the Ramsey dealer twice and all the salesman looked at me like "I am going to eat you" :cool:
...and the informations they gave to me indicated that they were not well informed.

So, I would appreciate every kind of recommendation/names you can give me.

Thanks, Angel

madden0010 08-18-2010 07:50 AM

Re: Jeep Dealers in New Jersey - Recommendation Requested

Not sure how far it would be for you, but I just bought one from Welsh Jeep in Far Hills, NJ. It is a smaller family owned dealership that has a great reputation for service. Very friendly, comfortable environment...you wont feel like you have to take a shower after dealing with sleezy sales people who don't even know what they are talking about, which was my experience with several other dealers in the area...

Good luck!

Steeler 08-18-2010 07:58 AM

Can't recommend anyone you mentioned. I went to Ramsey looking at Challengers and I got major attitude. I bought my 2011 GC from L.T Begnal in Kingston N.Y. It was worth the trip for us.

Angel 08-18-2010 09:23 AM

Hey madden0010,
that sounds great! Far Hills is 1 hour away from where I live and it is probably worth while. Do you have a name for me who I should talk to?

Angel

B.P.O.D 08-18-2010 10:09 AM

hey angel i live in bergen county also. i bought mine from westwood but they are long gone. DO NOT go to route 4!!! they are horrible!!!

def check out ramsey! i saw a few new wk2's there... I am also not a fan of any dealership on route 46:) including little ferry!

where in bergen county are you?

bh22jeep 08-18-2010 10:28 AM

Are you planning on buying one or ordering one?

Angel 08-18-2010 10:48 AM

@bh22jeep: Yes I am planning to buy/order one

@B.P.O.D.: I live in the Westwood area

Angel

Jim Hef 08-18-2010 10:49 AM

Steve Wisniewski at Dick Greenfield Dodge/Jeep in Lawrenceville. This guy was very helpful, and very honest when I met with him. He will quote via email, so give it a try: swisniewski@dickgreenfield.com and I'm not related to him!

Angel 08-18-2010 10:52 AM

@Jim Hef: Thanks, but Lawrenceville is definitely too far away from NJ.

B.P.O.D 08-18-2010 10:54 AM

angel def don't go to route 4 or little ferry, i work in paramus and live in teaneck area. def go to ramsey

madden0010 08-18-2010 10:57 AM

Angel-

I worked with Brian (Welsh), but his brother Bill was also very helpful.

Jim Hef 08-18-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 254578)
...Lawrenceville is definitely too far away from NJ.

Go with the best deal, and then use a local dealer to service it if they don't match the deal. There's nothing wrong with doing that, and they won't treat you any differently if it wasn't bought there. Lawrenceville is just outside Trenton along Route 1.