Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   No Power Folding Mirrors? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/no-power-folding-mirrors-12045.html)

akabigo 08-18-2010 02:15 PM

No Power Folding Mirrors?

My friend just picked up his 11 Overland and it doesnt look like it has power folding mirrors. Anyone know how they work because I can't see it. I tried searching but didnt come up with the answer.

Thanks

bh22jeep 08-18-2010 02:35 PM

Re: No Power Folding Mirrors?

Power mirrors and you can manually fold them.

Scottina06 08-18-2010 02:35 PM

there arent any power folding mirrors on the 2011. Many people misunderstand the "powered folding" part in the mirror description. In reality they are all power mirrors that manually fold.

akabigo 08-18-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 254787)
there arent any power folding mirrors on the 2011. Many people misunderstand the "powered folding" part in the mirror description. In reality they are all power mirrors that manually fold.

It's not a misunderstanding as Milous had stated in a post that the Overland would have power folding mirrors. That's what I was asking. It was supposed to be a feature and it's not and I couldn't find a post about it being deleted. I think we all expect ALL cars in this price range to have power mirrors to adjust them. I'll wait for Milous to answer.

Thanks

Jim Hef 08-18-2010 02:46 PM

Ah, that pesky little puncuation mark sure would have helped with "powered, folding"!!! :rolleyes:

dubwarren 08-18-2010 05:00 PM

they arent power folding but they do a neat little trick when you put the car in reverse. they tilt down and in so you dont hit anything in reverse in your blind spots. that was real cool the first time.......and very handy every time.

Milous 08-18-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akabigo (Post 254798)
It's not a misunderstanding as Milous had stated in a post that the Overland would have power folding mirrors. That's what I was asking. It was supposed to be a feature and it's not and I couldn't find a post about it being deleted. I think we all expect ALL cars in this price range to have power mirrors to adjust them. I'll wait for Milous to answer.

Early pre-production Overland models had the power-folding mirrors. This feature was deleted before retail production began. The confusion was caused by Jeep using the same exact sales/build code for "power, folding" mirrors as for the "power-folding" mirrors. Damn bean counters!

Milous 08-18-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubwarren (Post 254899)
they arent power folding but they do a neat little trick when you put the car in reverse. they tilt down and in so you dont hit anything in reverse in your blind spots. that was real cool the first time.......and very handy every time.

The tilt-down feature can be also enabled on 2005-2008 WK models via StarScan.

seanster 08-18-2010 05:41 PM

Bummer. I use that feature a lot on ferries and in tight parking spots.

Repo503 08-18-2010 06:05 PM

The tilting mirrors is kinda old school...my '01 Denali does that in reverse.

Frankie 08-18-2010 06:09 PM

06 Overland FTW! LOL

Marlin 08-18-2010 06:16 PM

'06 Limited WH - ftw! lol :p