Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Member Product Reviews (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f62/)
-   -   Flyin Ryan Ported and Bored TB (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f62/flyin-ryan-ported-and-bored-tb-12052.html)

baronvonhavok 08-18-2010 06:42 PM

Flyin Ryan Ported and Bored TB

I received the tb from Ryan about two weeks ago, I installed it and went on a trip that ended up being a little under a total of 650 miles.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4519227_n.jpg

The big thing I noticed right away was the throttle response. When I first bought the jeep, it was unlike any other car I had driven previously, and I had to learn to go light on the pedal because of the V8. I had to relearn how to do this after installing Ryan's TB.

I also noticed that when passing on the highway, it is much easier. The time it takes to get from 40 to 80 miles an hour feels way shorter.

Another thing that I noticed is fuel consumption. My total average has gone up about 1.5 miles, which I am very pleased about.

Driving it around you notice that the K&N intake that I have paired with the TB sounds even better and louder now, really making the V8 sound like a V8.

The only problem that occurred was after the installation, my idle when starting the car was at about 1500 rpms. All I had to do was unplug the battery and reset the computer and my idle is now back to normal.

Working with Ryan was great, the process could not have gone smoother. I would definitely recommend purchasing a TB from him as after two weeks of owning this I am very satisfied.

blackpepper 08-18-2010 07:08 PM

Re: Flyin Ryan Ported and Bored TB

Great review!

dhillon09 10-03-2010 09:36 PM

What other mods do you have if you don't mind me asking? This was the "Beyond Ported" ported throttle body, correct? How many gained HP does the butt dyno suggest? haha

I'm thinking of picking one up as well! Looks like it was money well spent. Thanks for your post!

Chaoul1 10-03-2010 09:37 PM

From what I "Hear" that this a very good mod! +++++++ MOd!

baronvonhavok 10-03-2010 11:02 PM

The only other mod I have currently is the K&N FIPK, but I do plan on doing other things when I can. When it comes to the butt dyno, like I said I was very surprised that it jumped like it did the first time I put my foot on the throttle after installing it, and most of my friends noticed a difference too when I really get on the gas.

This is the "Beyond Ported" throttle body that Ryan makes. I would definitely recommend this mod.

c_nall 10-03-2010 11:20 PM

Where do i get one

blackpepper 10-04-2010 01:31 PM

yeah where is ryan?

FlyinRyan 10-10-2010 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c_nall (Post 278819)
Where do i get one

See the sig...

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackpepper (Post 279088)
yeah where is ryan?

I'm right here :lol: I dont have a whole lot of time to browse the forums, so I ask that people email me, that way they can contact me directly and vice-versa.

dhillon09 10-12-2010 08:44 PM

Man i am so excited to get mine, I keep trolling all of the threads about ryans TB's lol.

nwb300 10-12-2010 09:04 PM

Funny, I got mine about 2 weeks ago also. I have the HO version v8 and also have the FIPK along with a flowmaster muffler. Right away I noticed the response time. Ryan makes an excellent product and his prices are reasonable. Highly recommended!!!!!!!!

dhillon09 05-11-2011 06:34 PM

My truck is my DD so I rarely go WOT in it .... but lately especially on this one hill near my house, I'll give it hell and the sound is just insane. It sounds really badass now, and the truck is definitely way more sensitive on account of the new throttle body. Snaps my head back when I press the gas like it's nobody's business.

lll2for3lll 05-11-2011 07:16 PM

No I'm debating on Fastman or Flyin Ryan........

I've heard good good things about Fastman. It's all I hear about from other Dodge/Chrysler auto owners.

Decisions.......