Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Flashtech DIY bixenon projector kit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/flashtech-diy-bixenon-projector-kit-12072.html)

steve@flashtech 08-19-2010 02:28 PM

Flashtech DIY bixenon projector kit

Hey everyone!

This is a project we have been working on for quite some time and I thought it was about time to show the community what we we had to offer. Below is a video of the item. ( I have tried to upload it to youtube and it does not work if someone could help I would appreciate it)

http://www.headlightsupercenter.com/Robs Jeep Video.avi

This is a low beam, high beam or both diy retrofit kit! These bixenon projectors screw into the back of the the housing and thus are very easy to install. Very minor modifications are needed and are a perfect opportunity to add projectors to your vehicle especially if you are doing halos! Not major cutting, bonding or gluing needed!

EACH Basic kit will come with
1) 2 projectors with ccfl halos built onto each projector
2) 1 wiring harness for each projector
3) 2 32v flashtech hid ballast
4) 2 flashtech hid bulbs
5) installation instructions

Each Gold kit will also come with
1) 2 color changing modules, one for each projector, wireless remote and wireless control module. will allow you to change the color of the factory housing as well as strobe and a multitude of other functions.

With all kits this allows you to maximize the amount of customization. You can paint the back of your housing black and keep the chrome projector. or if you choose the color changing module you will keep the back chrome and illuminate it with the color changing module!

You can also add 4 projectors one for each low and high beam for a custom quad setup! ( additional wiring will need to be done)

All wiring is supplied for each projector and ccfl halo. and is as plug and play as a halo kit would be!

jvs0302 08-19-2010 04:29 PM

Re: Flashtech DIY bixenon projector kit

So are you saying you do not need to separate the lens from the housing to install the projectors? If so I am definitely interested as I have 2010 headlights and have heard they are a bitch to open.

For some reason I cannot view the video you posted.

Oh and what happened to the other thread you had with pricing for a group buy etc???

steve@flashtech 08-19-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvs0302 (Post 255563)
So are you saying you do not need to separate the lens from the housing to install the projectors? If so I am definitely interested as I have 2010 headlights and have heard they are a bitch to open.

For some reason I cannot view the video you posted.

Oh and what happened to the other thread you had with pricing for a group buy etc???

All of our pricing for everything we are doing is listed in our new vendor section!

The housing does have to be separated but the projectors screw into the existing hole for the bulb rather then cutting or mounting it in a traditional setup.

you can always buy some aftermarket housings from us and we can do the work to them for you. some aftermarket housings come glued together.

steve

Chaoul1 08-19-2010 11:22 PM

How many projectors come with it? 1 per Headlight correct? Meaning that I could only put 1 in each Low Beam Housing. I'm a bit confused. Sorry!

GR33N D3M0N 08-20-2010 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 255800)
How many projectors come with it? 1 per Headlight correct? Meaning that I could only put 1 in each Low Beam Housing. I'm a bit confused. Sorry!

The kit comes with 2 projectors in total, 1 per headlight...if you wanted you could buy 2 kits, and have 2 projectors per headlight...if I'm not mistaken...

White Chocolate 08-20-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.7L wk (Post 255880)
The kit comes with 2 projectors in total, 1 per headlight...if you wanted you could buy 2 kits, and have 2 projectors per headlight...if I'm not mistaken...

So the kit will come with one projector per side, which will be used as your low beam. The high beam will be a normal beam then? If correct??

Or will the single projector run both beams, as a bi-xenon feature low/high?

GR33N D3M0N 08-20-2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlutcH (Post 255903)
So the kit will come with one projector per side, which will be used as your low beam. The high beam will be a normal beam then? If correct??

Or will the single projector run both beams, as a bi-xenon feature low/high?

Once again, if I'm not mistaken, u will have 2 high beams, and 1 low beam, per headlight

White Chocolate 08-20-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.7L wk (Post 255928)
Once again, if I'm not mistaken, u will have 2 high beams, and 1 low beam, per headlight

That doesnt answer my question bro.

GR33N D3M0N 08-20-2010 09:38 AM

The projectors r bixenon...both hi, and low beam, so you will have 4 high beams, and 2 low...sorry for answering all the questions or you Steve...I hope my answers are right lol

steve@flashtech 08-20-2010 11:06 AM

Ok sorry for the confusion.

the projectors are bi xenon. Meaning there is an actuator arm in them that makes them work as a high and low beam.

you will only get two projectors with one kit and if you wire them up as such you can make them to be bi xenon. so your high beam slot will not be used anymore if you do not want it to be.

So yes a single kit comes with two projectors one for each low beam slot!

Steve

White Chocolate 08-20-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve@flashtech (Post 256019)
Ok sorry for the confusion.

the projectors are bi xenon. Meaning there is an actuator arm in them that makes them work as a high and low beam.

you will only get two projectors with one kit and if you wire them up as such you can make them to be bi xenon. so your high beam slot will not be used anymore if you do not want it to be.

So yes a single kit comes with two projectors one for each low beam slot!

Steve

Thanks pal, you answered my question!!

In Canada, because of DRL, it would be nice if You could have low beams in a set of projectors, and highbeams in another set of projectors.

Therefore, 1 projector, will only run 1 beam, not both.

Can you make up something for that??

Or even have projectors for the low beams, and high beams can be normal halogens, since highbeams cant be used in Canada with HIDs due to DRL issues.

steve@flashtech 08-20-2010 12:46 PM

this is not a problem at all.

if you got two kits you would only need to wire up them as a single beam for each. the wiring allows you to tun them anyway you want.

so if you want them to run them traditionally and not as a bixenon you will need two kits and they will already do that.

steve!