Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   My Wk is getting OLD. sad face (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/my-wk-is-getting-old-sad-face-12075.html)

NHWK05 08-19-2010 05:57 PM

My Wk is getting OLD. sad face

My 4.7 05 WK Limited just hit 85k miles this past week. :(

Between that and the light underbody rust it has from being a New England vehicle makes me want to go out and get an 08 CRD Like i originally wanted. LOL

Just thought id share my sadness for the day.

Anyone else have high miles on their WK 4.7 V8 specifically.

soontobesrt 08-19-2010 06:10 PM

Re: My Wk is getting OLD. sad face

I hear ya! Ive got an 05 and she's only got 42k miles or so but shes beat up for all the $ I throw at her! She just eats it up, its insane! Makes me mad and sad, and the worst of it is due to it begin in a busy city (Philadelphia) like 80% of the time so dings/scratches are a regular I have to keep up with. I have a 5901 for alarm so peace of mind is good in that respect but parking, FORGET IT, its a battlefield and she shows.

I just cant keep her clean or nice for more than hours at a time, just cant be the show car I so dearly want! Im envious of you suburb /mid west boys with garages and 4 cars on the road, your rigs looks spotless, probably easy to keep it that way too! (venting over) Still love my baby though, shes like a real women though, making me go BROKE! I need a beater :(

DJ BoNiOmArIo 08-19-2010 06:29 PM

haha I know what u mean ... mine is 06 and you can tell she's starting to age ... the only thing keeping it good is maintaining the paintwork and keeping up with maintenance overall ... pushing 80K miles

Megatron 08-19-2010 06:46 PM

WK senior citizen thread? LOL.

2007 WK with 34K miles. I just feel bad for my jeep when she has to suffer from stagnant stop and go traffic from Queens to Brooklyn during rush hours. And X2 to what SoontobeSRT said. I completely agree. I dont even bother with my paintwork, poor black jeep.

blackpepper 08-19-2010 07:16 PM

*tear

My Added Care Plus warranty is up at 85k miles but I'm at 64k right now. I'm focusing on keeping it running well so that when the warranty is up, I'll (hopefully) have less issues.

soontobesrt 08-19-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackpepper (Post 255622)
*tear

My Added Care Plus warranty is up at 85k miles but I'm at 64k right now. I'm focusing on keeping it running well so that when the warranty is up, I'll (hopefully) have less issues.

Thats the important thing, if the rig looks beat up but runs good up to 100k+, I think we can all say we got our moneys worth, anyway for me, soon enough a new car (cough 2012 Jeep SRT8 cough) will be on order :)

blackpepper 08-19-2010 07:30 PM

Yeah that's exactly how I feel.. I don't want to lay it down at 100k though. I want to test the limits before it starts falling apart for real.

maxst2 08-19-2010 07:31 PM

65k here... Runs like shes brand new too.

NHWK05 08-19-2010 07:41 PM

My Wk still runs great, i just see the miles adding up fast. I hate it when i have to stop and go in heat or idle it long too. The paint looks good from a far but the front end is full of rock chips and it has its scratches and swirl marks but nothing really big or bad.

I know the 4.7 can go a long time ive just never seen it do it on a WK only WJs and Dodge products.
Ive bought 4.0 I 6 Jeep Cherokees with 150+ k miles on them and taken them long past that. I had one that i drove till well over 250k miles i just hope the WK has the same longevity to do so because the 08 CRD i want is not in any near future for me at least not with my job and bills.

BillaWha? 08-19-2010 07:41 PM

yup 05 4.7 97k

maxst2 08-19-2010 08:15 PM

I was curious about the CRD, but it's not cheap to maintain. That engine is $$.

mjl2610 08-19-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHWK05 (Post 255637)
My Wk still runs great, i just see the miles adding up fast. I hate it when i have to stop and go in heat or idle it long too. The paint looks good from a far but the front end is full of rock chips and it has its scratches and swirl marks but nothing really big or bad.

I know the 4.7 can go a long time ive just never seen it do it on a WK only WJs and Dodge products.
Ive bought 4.0 I 6 Jeep Cherokees with 150+ k miles on them and taken them long past that. I had one that i drove till well over 250k miles i just hope the WK has the same longevity to do so because the 08 CRD i want is not in any near future for me at least not with my job and bills.

I am content with my WK. Now that i put close to 70 miles round trip travel daily for work on the expressway and brutal city stop and go in metro Chicago, I have no concerns about this Jeep holding up for many years to come. Just with oil changes and new plugs to date it runs like brand new still. My front bumper is pretty bad too with the chips and crap from the road as well.

Ill have had it for two years on the 23rd of this month and have 52k miles on it already (got it with 23k). Very curious to see how many miles i can rack up on it.

Gotta rep that dark khaki love kyle...