Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   HID fog lamps on US web site. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/hid-fog-lamps-on-us-web-site-12100.html)

jhilyer 08-20-2010 10:53 AM

HID fog lamps on US web site.

2 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

On the Jeep.com site there is a section under Exterior Tour/lighting where they say the fog lamps are HID. I have seen Laredo Xs with them on and they are "normal" bulbs. Anyone know what's up with that?? Are they just Std. on Ltd and overland or something even though it states they are Std. on all models? Or is this a only HID in the US and not Canada thing?

Scottina06 08-21-2010 02:03 AM

Re: HID fog lamps on US web site.

hmmm.....good find. This is the first I recall seeing this

jhilyer 08-22-2010 11:48 AM

Ya it's strange,
It's been on the site a long time now. I don't think it's true as none I've seen has HID fogs. Maybe late availability or something. The canadian site doesn't mention it at all.

Bucky 08-22-2010 08:59 PM

That must be a mistake. I can't think of a single other vehicle that even offers HID fog lamps. Maybe there's some higher end sports/luxury cars that offer it, but it would be very, very rare.

It's an error in the listing. The must have got it mixed up with the HID headlamps.

White WK Swagga 08-23-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky (Post 257277)
That must be a mistake. I can't think of a single other vehicle that even offers HID fog lamps. Maybe there's some higher end sports/luxury cars that offer it, but it would be very, very rare.

It's an error in the listing. The must have got it mixed up with the HID headlamps.

X2 even sport or luxury vehicles don't have HID fogs that I know of. I think it's a misprint.

Scottina06 08-23-2010 11:14 AM

most US vehicles dont have HID fogs.....most Japenese market cars have HID fogs and even LED fogs. I know most Lexus vehicles in japan have HID fogs...cause I bought the JDM HID/LED fogs to install on my wifes Lexus IS.

White WK Swagga 08-23-2010 11:16 AM

Wow I didn't know that Scott! That must look sick the IS with HID fogs!!!

Scottina06 08-23-2010 11:32 AM

yep....thye are d4s fogs with 4 LED's on each lamp. the LED;s light up with the parking lamps

White WK Swagga 08-23-2010 11:42 AM

Nice!!! Any pics??? Have you done the read fogs on the IS?

jhilyer 08-23-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 257413)
X2 even sport or luxury vehicles don't have HID fogs that I know of. I think it's a misprint.

I thought it was a misprint too, they do make a real point of saying HID everywhere in the section. Not a small typo that's for sure.