Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Found the Battery (pics)... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/found-the-battery-pics-12135.html)

dmcjjeep 08-21-2010 02:39 PM

Found the Battery (pics)...

2 Attachment(s)
Dropped by my local dealer to look at what colors were available for a look see and came across the following.

While I was looking under the hood I found it odd that the battery was nowhere to be found. I'm sure that many already know where the battery is but I found it interesting to see where Jeep tucked it away...under the front passenger seat! :lol:

White Chocolate 08-21-2010 03:32 PM

Re: Found the Battery (pics)...

Wow thats trippy. Is the seat able to move up far enough to get access? or do you need to pull the seat out?

Chaoul1 08-21-2010 03:35 PM

Wow. What if someone want's to run HID's in there WK2. They would have to run the wires into the Cabin. Lol.

J13ntv 08-21-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 256630)
Wow. What if someone want's to run HID's in there WK2. They would have to run the wires into the Cabin. Lol.

Arent the Limited and Overland model already HID's?

Chaoul1 08-21-2010 03:39 PM

Not the Laredo's....I know the Limiteds and Overlands do.

jeepster23 08-21-2010 03:42 PM

^^^^^^^
There are terminals located under the hood for any wiring needed.

Chaoul1 08-21-2010 03:43 PM

:p I'm not thinking today....Long a** day.

jeepster23 08-21-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 256637)
:p I'm not thinking today....Long a** day.

LOL me too bud been there before HAHA:lol:

dmcjjeep 08-21-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlutcH (Post 256628)
Wow thats trippy. Is the seat able to move up far enough to get access? or do you need to pull the seat out?

When they showed me where the battery was they simply used the power seat toggles to max forward/max up position. From the view I took the pictures it appeared to be fully accessible/removable but I can't confirm that.

Technosavant 08-21-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcjjeep (Post 256647)
When they showed me where the battery was they simply used the power seat toggles to max forward/max up position. From the view I took the pictures it appeared to be fully accessible/removable but I can't confirm that.

I'd hope it is removable without pulling the seat. That would be an unnecessary complication to what would otherwise be a simple operation. I know underhood space is at a premium nowadays, the extreme temperatures of the engine compartment works against battery life, and moving it rearward improves weight distribution, but I'll trade those things for something that doesn't take 3 hours to swap out when it does die.

Scottina06 08-21-2010 05:44 PM

I think it was told that the seat has to be removed to remove the battery. BUT....its a 8-12 year battery

Technosavant 08-21-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 256679)
I think it was told that the seat has to be removed to remove the battery. BUT....its a 8-12 year battery

So, about what, 4-6 years in real use? :D

I don't doubt it will live longer than the usual lead-acid battery stashed underhood, but I always end up multiplying such claims by 0.5. Neither do I anticipate the roof I put on my house last fall lasting for 50 years either (the claim by the shingle maker). I know for a fact the deck stain I use does NOT last for 4-5 years.

Estimates of service life always seem to assume constant storage of 70 degrees F and the most advantageous kind of duty that could ever be imagined.