Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Chat Session Wednesday 9/8/2010 at 6PM EDT (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f105/)
-   -   Pre-chat engineer question thread-please read (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f105/pre-chat-engineer-question-thread-please-read-12197.html)

Scottina06 08-23-2010 06:19 PM

Pre-chat engineer question thread-please read

Please only post questions here if YOU CANNOT make the chat session. Please keep this thread to SERIOUS questions only. All other posts will be deleted! Please look at the chat rules set forth by the engineers. The biggest is "no questions about future products."

This thread will remain open until 1 hour before the chat session on 9/8/2010 at 6pm

Mike_Levy 08-24-2010 12:16 AM

Re: Pre-chat engineer question thread-please read

I'll be at work, so I won't be able to harass the Jeep engineer like I do to the SRT ones. :)

Heres my questions:
How different is the WK2 platform from the WK? If its pretty close, how much work would it take to convert the WK over to an independant rear?

lewi3069 08-25-2010 10:25 AM

I might not be able to make the chat because of school and homework requirements.

I would like more info on the Tcase fluid for the QT2 (Mopar NV245/247/249 Fluid).
What is this stuff exactly?
Who makes it?
Is it a synthetic?
Is it really tractor fluid?
Is it the Mobilfluid 242 fluid?

Thanks!

White Chocolate 08-25-2010 11:50 AM

I don't know if I'll make it, however...

1) I want to know if there is absolutely any other way to disable DRL than having the dealership do it, since in Canada they wont do it, and the steps possibly to doing it.
2) The main difference between the HP/TQ numbers of an 05 Ram Hemi and 05 GC Hemi

Scottina06 08-25-2010 12:58 PM

question 1 is illegal in Canada...so they will not answer it

maxst2 08-25-2010 06:47 PM

Why move the battery under the seat - being what looks like a bigger truck and with that one would think the engine compartment should have room for one since all other GC's are in the front... and why, while the numbers look good for it being a long lasting battery, is it replaced with a battery that is high dollar? ALSO would it be OK to replace it with say a traditional type of battery in an emergency, as I doubt wal-mart or auto parts store will have something like that in stock.

maxst2 08-25-2010 06:50 PM

Being a common trend in most other domestic markets, why doesn't jeep have an auto lights feature for the headlights?

White Chocolate 08-25-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxst2 (Post 259205)
Being a common trend in most other domestic markets, why doesn't jeep have an auto lights feature for the headlights?

They do?

maxst2 08-25-2010 06:55 PM

Lotta GM cars and trucks have them.. and have had them for a long time.

White Chocolate 08-25-2010 07:00 PM

I meant jeep does have auto headlights

maxst2 08-25-2010 07:04 PM

Mine doesn't >.> Must be a limited thing?

White Chocolate 08-25-2010 07:06 PM

I have it where i turn my switch to auto, and it does everything for me, except when i need to use my highbeams