Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   I now hate my WK more (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/i-now-hate-my-wk-more-12208.html)

misfit77 08-23-2010 10:19 PM

I now hate my WK more

I am one step closer to just trading this junk in.

Went to help a friend on the highway that ran out of gas.

Stopped on the shoulder. When I went to start......rrrr...rrr.rr.r. click click.

My "maintenance free battery" was dry.

Had to call another friend for a jump.

Went to Costco to get a Optima. No fitment. Tried their Interstates. No fitment.
Went back out and prayed that it would start. My horn starts going and my high beams go on....r.rrr.rrr vroom! I looked like an idiot stealing a Jeep. It did not help that I am Mexican.

Autozone and Checker, $144.95. Walmart $77, but only 3 year warranty, no pro-rate.

So here is the break down of crap that I paid for
low power
bad gas mileage
crappy dealer tactics
window regulator going bad
tiny little plastic clip inside door broke
limited amount of aftermarket items
build is cheap and plastic parts break easily
Low option of 4x4 is just AWD
Battery is unique and expensive.
Car alarm is junk and goes off all the time (KARR issue with Jeep)
Some god aweful shifting/driveline issue.
Oil changes are the messiest i have ever had

Thank You for hearing me out. I apologize for my crappy post.

maxst2 08-23-2010 11:00 PM

Re: I now hate my WK more

Not to pick but...

-low power - 3.7L v6 in a nearly 5k lb suv
-bad gas mileage - see above
-crappy dealer tactics - You chose the dealer
-window regulator going bad - Things break. Bought used correct?
-tiny little plastic clip inside door broke - Again things break. Bought used correct?
-limited amount of aftermarket items - Actually there is a ton of aftermarket gear for the WK. Performance for the 3.7L, you just have to look little there are plenty of guys on here that have intakes and the lot.
-build is cheap and plastic parts break easily - Jeep up till now has been that way.. so no surprise
-Low option of 4x4 is just AWD - 3.7L for you...
-Battery is unique and expensive - Battery isn't unique or different from any other lead acid battery you can buy... its that ALL batteries are $$ since LEAD is too.
-Car alarm is junk and goes off all the time (KARR issue with Jeep) - No comment...
-Some god aweful shifting/driveline issue- mopar norm... done the maintenance for it? Proper maintenance and not beating on it will make it last awhile ;)
-Oil changes are the messiest i have ever had- Odd the 3.7L isnt much different layout than the 4.7L and its gotta be one of the easiest to do...hell they give you a spillway for the oil filter...none of the cars i've owned ever had that!

In short if you dont like it... get rid of it.. your paying for it and if you don't like what you have... get something else, nothing should be tying you to it.

Mike_Levy 08-23-2010 11:19 PM

As Max pretty much said, you caused your own problems by buying a base model. You're the one who bought a base with a 3.7. SHould have done a little research and bought a Limited or SRT8 with a Hemi.

And FYI, you can fit an Optima, very easily. Their fitment guide may say otherwise, but you can put in just about anything. Not that theres anything wrong with the stock battery. Mine has had zero problems jumping everything. It can even jump the twin battery UPS/FedEx trucks by itself. Again, base model, base battery.

Scottina06 08-23-2010 11:33 PM

all WK batteries are the same....3.7-6.1 The 6.1 shares more componets than you think with the lowly non-SRT's

Mike_Levy 08-23-2010 11:41 PM

So then whats the problem? The stock battery is real strong. Its like 900cca.

Marlin 08-23-2010 11:44 PM

Many of us have had battery issues.
But the rest of the Jeep, I love it.
Getting one of the Hemi's won't fix his fuel economy issues though. LOL

Nick.Nevada 08-24-2010 03:47 AM

my two cents

low power - it is v6 bro
bad gas mileage - 20 mpg highway (my own measurements) is not bad
crappy dealer tactics - the same thing here in Russia. But there are many non-dealer service centers for non-warranty cars
window regulator going bad - don't ever fixed
tiny little plastic clip inside door broke - things break
limited amount of aftermarket items - but more and more year by year
build is cheap and plastic parts break easily - plastic is cheap but durable
Low option of 4x4 is just AWD - yeah but WK is not mud rover to be honest. Even with qd2
Battery is unique and expensive - battery is not unique. Many vendors could offer battery for WK
Car alarm is junk and goes off all the time (KARR issue with Jeep) - don't ever fixed
Some god aweful shifting/driveline issue - don't ever fixed
Oil changes are the messiest i have ever had - no comments

maxst2 08-24-2010 09:34 AM

I do have to add that I kinda like the interior of my 65th anniv model... I find the seats to be super comfy - even when I had a pinched nerve in my back when sitting in most places caused large amounts of pain, the seats were very comfy and pain wasn't bad.

I dunno how one can say its cheap plastic... its fairly thick. It might not look that great to some, but I think it looks good. Mind you this id my first new(new to me) car. I am glad for one that I got talked into getting one with a v8... god i love that sound :)

misfit77 08-24-2010 10:51 AM

I had a 1996 XJ......I wish I never sold it.

But i bought a Jeep "Certified Vehicle".

Yea..things break, when you do something stupid. Removing an intake off a 3 year old vehicle wiht 45K miles should not break.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 08-24-2010 10:53 AM

OP I feel ur pain I'm with you on how much I regret buying mine too

SRTILL8 08-24-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfit77 (Post 258182)
I had a 1996 XJ......I wish I never sold it.

better have been a classic or a limited model... everyone knows the last year of the cherokee XJ was 01 but when they changed the front and rear just a tab in 97-01 it was not the same but not to say it was ugly. i digged both versions but especially my 88' XJ.

ending my useless reply- lolz :thumbsup:

CPT2010 08-24-2010 10:56 AM

my mopar battery lasted 4 yrs replaced with a yelllow cap battery for $90
common maint happens with any vehicle.
As long as you maintain your vehicle, it will last.

im sorry all this is in a way happening at once.
but i get around 10 mpgs with my hemi
and i have exhaust tuner and CAI

it you want speed and mpgs get a 3.5l altima