Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Dealer Pre-Delivery Inspection (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/dealer-pre-delivery-inspection-12249.html)

whatevrworks 08-24-2010 09:07 PM

Dealer Pre-Delivery Inspection

My Limited was delivered to dealer yesterday I will be picking up Thursday afternoon. Anyone familiar with dealer pre-delivery inspections?

I know they usually detail and give a quick check but according to this dealer they are required to road test for 5 miles, then check all fluids, safety systems, lug nuts,etc. According to the dealer they do this the day before someone plans to take delivery and then detail and leave it locked in the shop overnight. They are probably somewhat blowing smoke to exaggerate all the "extra care and attention" they are providing, but was just curious if there is any standard for this out there. I have bought jeeps in the past walking onto the lot and inspection seemed to take as long as a standard time to wash and vacuum. Cars have usually been ready faster than I can finish paperwork. Of course this is a new dealer I have not dealt with before.

Hayes1817 08-25-2010 06:14 AM

Re: Dealer Pre-Delivery Inspection

My dealer did the same pre-inspection, my car arrived last Wednesday and I picked it up a day later.

Fireman310pt 08-25-2010 06:31 AM

A lot of times the dealer will do an inspection when a vehicle comes in off the truck and then it's detailed and prepped for the lot or delivery. Some times the final inspection when someone is doing the paperwork to buy is a quick walk around, wash, vacuum, and a fluid check to make sure everything is good.

Knightrider03m 08-25-2010 06:57 AM

They did that with my KK. I drove the car off the lot before I bought it and it at 1 mile on it and I drove it for about 5 miles returning the car at 6 miles on the clock. They took it, detailed it and when I got it back, it had 14 miles on it. When I asked my guy about it he told me the same thing..... along with filling the car up with 5 gallons of gas since the dealership doesn't do fill-ups anymore and Chrysler only gives out 5 gallons :( :lol:

Scottina06 08-25-2010 07:18 AM

you bought a new car and they gave you 5 gallons of gas? I woulda told them to stick it in their ass......LOL

jeepster23 08-25-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 258747)
you bought a new car and they gave you 5 gallons of gas? I woulda told them to stick it in their ass......LOL

Me too. I thought a full tank of gas with a new car is pretty much the norm.

Djeazie 08-25-2010 07:56 AM

Rouen Jeep filled my new GC up for me when I picked it up last Friday!

Fireman310pt 08-25-2010 07:58 AM

When I bought my 09 WK in November I got a fill up and they filled mine up one more time when I had to go back and resign paperwork they messed up.

Knightrider03m 08-25-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 258747)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster23 (Post 258760)
Me too. I thought a full tank of gas with a new car is pretty much the norm.

I have heard of other dealerships not giving out full tanks upon delivery, just the 1st time that I had a dealership do it to me. Although, at that time I was so happy to get back into Jeep, they could have sold me for a bag of chips and a penny :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireman310pt (Post 258763)
When I bought my 09 WK in November I got a fill up and they filled mine up one more time when I had to go back and resign paperwork they messed up.

They did fill up my car because I had to resign my paper work also. They knew that I lived 40 min from the dealership although and I made a bitch about coming down just for the paper work

J13ntv 08-25-2010 08:29 AM

My order confirmation shows 7.5 gallons of gas for 21 dollars.. I assume thats a chrysler thing, I'll see when I finally get it, if it actually is filled or not.

whatevrworks 08-25-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 258777)
My order confirmation shows 7.5 gallons of gas for 21 dollars.. I assume thats a chrysler thing, I'll see when I finally get it, if it actually is filled or not.

Yes, the 7.5 gallons comes from chrysler.

I refuse to take delivery with anything less than a full tank personally. The dealer agreed to fill up without a problem.

Jim Hef 08-25-2010 10:10 AM

A large volume dealer in my area only washes the vehicle without doing any further mechanical inspections. Let's the new owner figure out if anything needs to be fixed, saving their mechanics time! However, I once was delivered a vehicle that had no spare or jack, and didn't discover this until about a week later when I was curious about all the compartments in the car. Do a thorough inspection yourself, including under the hood and in the cargo area!