Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Bump Stop Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/bump-stop-question-12253.html)

AB Jeepster 08-24-2010 10:50 PM

Bump Stop Question

Ok... quick question for anyone that has done this mod. My WK Bilstein shocks are shipping today... (from allshock.com) and my OEM SRT springs (dealer, thanks to Andy1) are OTW too. I need to know if you modified the bump stop located on the rear suspension (inside the at the top of the coil spring location. Scott indicated he did, but that was with the Bwoody's he installed and they drop the body much lower than the SRT's springs will. I would certainly like to know what to do to them before the install happens, so can you help me out? Scott's install pics show the part I am referring to. http://www.jeepgarage.org/f187/diy-wk-spring-install-use-for-shocks-and-struts-as-well-793.html pic # 7 and 8 specifically

Scottina06 08-25-2010 07:28 AM

Re: Bump Stop Question

I had the SRT springs and I didnt cut the bumpstops. But you could cut an inch or two off the tip of the stops and get a little more travel I guess.

AB Jeepster 08-25-2010 08:52 AM

hahahah, but then the tires would rub again.... Any idea of the SRT bump stops are different than the stock WK ones. At the dealer here, they want 70 bux each for them.... Hence why I wanna know what to do with the stockers..... Thnx Scott

yousmellfunnytoo 08-25-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AB Jeepster (Post 258792)
hahahah, but then the tires would rub again.... Any idea of the SRT bump stops are different than the stock WK ones. At the dealer here, they want 70 bux each for them.... Hence why I wanna know what to do with the stockers..... Thnx Scott

Bump stops are the same on both the non srt Jeep and the srt jeep.

You shouldn't have to modify any bump stops unless you are going lower than stock SRT springs. In which, they give you new bump stops

If you do want to cut them, its a 6mm or 8mm allen key to get it out. Much easier to cut off the jeep than on.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 08-25-2010 09:57 AM

X2 and if you do want to cut any only do the front one by an inch which I will not recommend either since ur only doing eibachs and not bwoodys

XXX007 08-25-2010 10:19 AM

on this same note anyone know how much shorter the bwoody bumpstops are than the stock WK bump stops? or if bwoody sells just the bumpstops?

yousmellfunnytoo 08-25-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXX007 (Post 258859)
on this same note anyone know how much shorter the bwoody bumpstops are than the stock WK bump stops? or if bwoody sells just the bumpstops?

Call Bwoody, or road magnet, I remember hearing a no, because they are packaged with the springs, but you never know

And the size difference, i would say between 1-2 inches the bwoodys are shorty by. Its been a while since I installed my suspension, and I think i actually took a picture of it, but also note that the bwoody bumpstops are also much denser material. And don't sit in the cups that the stockers do

AB Jeepster 08-25-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yousmellfunnytoo (Post 258835)
Bump stops are the same on both the non srt Jeep and the srt jeep.

You shouldn't have to modify any bump stops unless you are going lower than stock SRT springs. In which, they give you new bump stops

If you do want to cut them, its a 6mm or 8mm allen key to get it out. Much easier to cut off the jeep than on.

Perfect.... Thank you

AB Jeepster 08-25-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boniomario (Post 258842)
X2 and if you do want to cut any only do the front one by an inch which I will not recommend either since ur only doing eibachs and not bwoodys

doing OEM SRT springs... not the Eibachs.... but the advice is greatly appreciated

Scottina06 08-25-2010 04:09 PM

Bwoodys use energy suspension bump stops....I have an extra set that I got from Mike...so he will sell you some.

XXX007 08-25-2010 04:50 PM

ok scott thanks whats the best way to contact him about those

Scottina06 08-25-2010 06:55 PM

get the phone number from their website and call him for the fastest service