Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   Air Bag Light on (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/air-bag-light-on-12259.html)

psycojeep 08-25-2010 12:14 PM

Air Bag Light on

So I decided to remove my seats yesterday to do full carpet cleaning and after reinstalling them I have the airbag light on. It plashes when someone sits down in the Passenger seat but them comes back on. I have checked all of the connections for the seat and they all seem to be plugged in. Has anyone else had this problem after reinstalling there front seats?

Thnaks in advance for all your help

White WK Swagga 08-25-2010 12:18 PM

Re: Air Bag Light on

PCM reset???

psycojeep 08-25-2010 12:20 PM

Tried it... had a P0507 code that needed reset

White WK Swagga 08-25-2010 12:27 PM

And you're sure you checked and cleaned the connections?

DJ BoNiOmArIo 08-25-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycojeep (Post 258938)
So I decided to remove my seats yesterday to do full carpet cleaning and after reinstalling them I have the airbag light on. It plashes when someone sits down in the Passenger seat but them comes back on. I have checked all of the connections for the seat and they all seem to be plugged in. Has anyone else had this problem after reinstalling there front seats?

Thnaks in advance for all your help

I had the same exact problem it's the connection underneath the seat that get's a loose ... I play with it a little and just tighten it and untighten it then it goes away and once a while randomly comes back on and just do the same thing

There is a TSB about the airbag light somewhere else mught wanna check that out too

psycojeep 08-25-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boniomario (Post 258963)
I had the same exact problem it's the connection underneath the seat that get's a loose ... I play with it a little and just tighten it and untighten it then it goes away and once a while randomly comes back on and just do the same thing

There is a TSB about the airbag light somewhere else mught wanna check that out too

Ok I will pull the connections loose again and blow them out with air and reinstall thatnks for th etip on the TSB i will look for it

Asativa 08-25-2010 12:50 PM

Likely u need the sensors recalibrated if u removed the seat

Scottina06 08-25-2010 12:53 PM

yep...sensor needs recalibrated ANYtime you remove the seat

psycojeep 08-25-2010 01:29 PM

So how do I recalibrate the sensor? Let me guess a trip to the dealer$$$$

Asativa 08-25-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycojeep (Post 259008)
So how do I recalibrate the sensor? Let me guess a trip to the dealer$$$$

yup, i dont see any way to diy, or with a generic scan tool

SvenskaJeepGuy 08-26-2010 12:05 AM

they need to be recalibrated with starscan and a 10lb weight. then the battery has to be reset to remove the lights.