Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Premium Nav Radio Credit Delete (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/premium-nav-radio-credit-delete-12265.html)

Steve52 08-25-2010 02:03 PM

Premium Nav Radio Credit Delete

I got a new Priced Order Confirmation (POC) sheet today from my dealer Status D-Firm Schedule, and it has a line on it I don't understand. Under options it has a line that says "Premium Nav Radio Credit Delete" and a sales code of 3YD next to it. I was told my media center would be the 430N RHB when I placed my original order, and that is the one I want.

It had another line on the POC sheet that says "Special Scheduling Condition VII" with a sales code of 4H4.

Anyone know what these mean?

Jim Hef 08-25-2010 02:15 PM

Re: Premium Nav Radio Credit Delete

Probably a credit for the 730N that is now the standard radio in an Overland. Is that the model you ordered?

Steve52 08-25-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hef (Post 259042)
Probably a credit for the 730N that is now the standard radio in an Overland. Is that the model you ordered?

"I was told my media center would be the 430N RHB when I placed my original order, and that is the one I want."

Jim Hef 08-25-2010 02:38 PM

I asked what model you had ordered.

Steve52 08-25-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim hef (Post 259056)
i asked what model you had ordered.

430n rhb

Jim Hef 08-25-2010 03:20 PM

No, the Jeep model...Laredo, Limited, Overland. The 730N is now stock in the Overland, but I assume that you can buy the less costly 430N for a credit. Due to the 430N being a Garmin interface, that is the headunit I would prefer also.

bozer 08-25-2010 03:31 PM

Does anyone know how the one that is standard in Overland is?

I would prefer Garmin too, but seems odd they'd put one not as good as the garmin in the Overland.

Technosavant 08-25-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozer (Post 259087)
Does anyone know how the one that is standard in Overland is?

I would prefer Garmin too, but seems odd they'd put one not as good as the garmin in the Overland.

It's gone back and forth, at last check the 430N with the Garmin interface was standard. Something about it looking better to potential buyers. Eventually Garmin will work their magic on the 730N, and that will become the standard Overland head unit (rumor has it that we're looking at January for that).

Jim Hef 08-25-2010 04:22 PM

I thought it was January that the 730 would get the Garmin interface, but now, it's the Harman interface 730N that is standard on the Overland. This is another confusing point in the ordering process!

J13ntv 08-25-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hef (Post 259109)
I thought it was January that the 730 would get the Garmin interface, but now, it's the Harman interface 730N that is standard on the Overland. This is another confusing point in the ordering process!

Since when did the 730N become standard again? It was 430N and they were charging ~300, else it changes when my car finally comes in... This theory goes along with the "credit" on the POC however..

Hayes1817 08-25-2010 05:50 PM

I ordered the Limited with the 730N unit. I've used a Garmin unit for a few years now on my previous Jeep, preferred a Garmin interface but I have to say I really like the Harmon unit - it does a better job pronouncing street names and it seems to be pretty accurate with the maps. The Sirius traffic service (1 year free) works great with it also. It navigated us away from traffic a couple times last weekend. My garmin was a separate handheld unit and it took alot longer to find the satellite connection - I have not noticed the harmon unit connecting, the map is available right away. I like the interface to the i-pod, very nice.

mrctdare 08-25-2010 06:04 PM

I emailed and called to see if the 430n could be upgrade to the 730n rhr when it comes out and just pay extra to have my 430n replaced since I want the blueetooth audio streaming so would have to go with the 430n to get it now.
By email they told that they did not know and by calling they said they would look into but yet to get a cll back.
I think the 430n is better then the 730 rer but guessing the rhr ver of the 730. I going to be ticked if i go with the 430n and find out the hardware bus or something like that with make it so i can not upgrade