Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Wait Time (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/wait-time-12268.html)

RyeGuy 08-25-2010 04:01 PM

Wait Time

What is a reasonable wait time if say I were to order the Overland w/ Adv II today?

Technosavant 08-25-2010 04:08 PM

Re: Wait Time

Depends. If you order the V-8, then maybe 6-8 weeks. Those seem to be moving more quickly. If you go for the V-6, then longer. Usual rule of thumb for a special order is 6-8 weeks, but there's a crush of orders right now, and Overlands aren't moving all that quickly.

For comparison, I ordered an Overland 4x4, the only option being the towing package. Order was placed on July 10. It was in D1 status within a week, and there it still sits, unbuilt. This Saturday will be 8 weeks, and I wouldn't rule out 10-12 weeks before it hits the dealer, if not longer. We'll see. Some others who ordered after I did have already had theirs built, but still, we aren't talking about breaking the 6-8 week mark.

Check out the Order Status and Tracking thread in the site supporters area to get a better idea.

J13ntv 08-25-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyeGuy (Post 259096)
What is a reasonable wait time if say I were to order the Overland w/ Adv II today?

As techno stated.. It is anywhere from 6-12 weeks dependent on what you order.. As you mentioned you are looking at an Overland.. A laredo or limited seem to be being built quicker then Overlands, however many overlands have went into D1 within the past week. I ordered July 31st, it has an "estimated" ship date of Sept 2nd, going to D1 status 2 days ago.

Skip Lincoln 08-25-2010 05:22 PM

I'm in my tenth week waiting on an Overland V8. :(

Edit: I waited 5 months for my 2005 Chrysler 300C and it was worth it so I guess i shouldn't complain.

Skip

Hayes1817 08-25-2010 05:40 PM

I ordered my Limited 4X4 on 7/15, only option I ordered was the 730N radio and I took delivery last Thursday - I love it but I am bringing it back in next week to investigate a rattle -I think it is coming from the commandview sunroof.

Brian1f1 08-25-2010 06:30 PM

Mine is an Overland V6 Inferno Red 4x4 no options. I ordered on July 20th. VIN is BC542488.

Mine went to Gate line status today. I'm not really sure what that means, I'm thinking it means it's about to be built. Is Gate Line D1? The estimated ship date according to the hotline is Sept, 10th. That is the first time I have been given a date, and the rep said it is possible it will ship sooner.

Two weeks in transit would mean about 9 weeks from order to delivery.

There is a rumor that the plant is going to shut down soon for three weeks, which could really mess things up.

Hope this helps.... If I'm wrong about gate line status someone let me know!

jamesdomagalski 08-25-2010 07:05 PM

I ordered my Overland V6 on July 7th and it has been in D1 status for the last month. Also it said mine had shipped on 8/3, which is kinda weird.

Technosavant 08-25-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian1f1 (Post 259197)
Mine is an Overland V6 Inferno Red 4x4 no options. I ordered on July 20th. VIN is BC542488.

Mine went to Gate line status today. I'm not really sure what that means, I'm thinking it means it's about to be built. Is Gate Line D1? The estimated ship date according to the hotline is Sept, 10th. That is the first time I have been given a date, and the rep said it is possible it will ship sooner.

Two weeks in transit would mean about 9 weeks from order to delivery.

There is a rumor that the plant is going to shut down soon for three weeks, which could really mess things up.

Hope this helps.... If I'm wrong about gate line status someone let me know!

D1 status isn't "build imminent," that would be D2 status. Vehicles can easily remain in D1 for weeks on end. Maybe your ship date is realistic, maybe not. It's really hard to tell, but it might be closer to reality than most I've seen (mine have usually been a week into the future, and they change regularly).

I have no idea when the plant shutdown will be; it's just not been revealed. That could indeed push some of us not only into late September, but into October. I must admit, when I ordered this thing in July, I wasn't expecting it to become a birthday present.

Brian1f1 08-25-2010 08:51 PM

It does suck, as I turned in my lease today...

Would gateline status and a ship date from Chrysler hotline mean I'm D2?

I tried to ask the rep and she said she didn't have access to codes...

Steve52 08-25-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian1f1 (Post 259288)
It does suck, as I turned in my lease today...

Would gateline status and a ship date from Chrysler hotline mean I'm D2?

I tried to ask the rep and she said she didn't have access to codes...

The factory delivery codes do not show a D2 status. It goes from D1 Gateline to KZ.

STIX 08-25-2010 09:26 PM

I ordered an overland V8 on 7/21. Last update was a scheduled shipdate of 8/30 so it seems to be in line with the other guys.

ironically, customer svc relayed me to the dealer for more accurate information. CS has proven to be pretty useless to date.

ostroveni 08-25-2010 09:34 PM

Ordered July 10th, Limited V6, stayed on D status until August 18th when it moved to D1, dealer told me estimated ship time is August 28th ... with 10-14 days of delivery to the dealer ...