Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   Trouble Codes are messing with my mind (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/trouble-codes-are-messing-with-my-mind-12282.html)

psycojeep 08-25-2010 10:42 PM

Trouble Codes are messing with my mind

Well I guess this just isnt my week....

1st off I decide to thoroughly clean my interior by removing my seats only to find out that by doing so the air bag thing will have to be recalibrated...Yeah a trip to the dealer!!!

2nd Lets detail the engine bay....

Code #1 P0507...(Idle Speed Performance Higher Than Expected) go to autozone and have them tell me what it is, decide that I got water in a conector or the throttle body is dirty so I get a can of air and some throttle body cleaner. Dry all connections and clean the throttle body

RESULTS.... Seems like it runs better but the code came back so Im not sure what to do there...

on the way home the performance goes to poo and the traction control light comes on with the red light lighting bolt ( read the manual tells me the throttle is all messed up and I need to cycle the key and get to the dealer... Thank god after cycleing the key it went away still have no clu as to why that came up

Code #2 P2173 When I got home I ran the key cycle and checked the codes and had this aditional code (trottle actuator control system -High Air flow detected slow accumalation ) to the one that I stated earlier. now I reset the codes and I guess well see if it comes back..

I guess I would like to get anyones advice on fixing the codes or if anyone has had them before

Thank god that when I waxed the her all up today aswell there are no codes that can come from that LOL

Escape 08-25-2010 11:16 PM

Re: Trouble Codes are messing with my mind

Throttle body activated limp mode.

Ever since I cleaned my throttle body it acts funny too. I think I either need a new one or this one re-calibrated. I'd have to say that your probably in the same boat as me and others who have this issue after cleaning it. It seems to be a no touch item.

psycojeep 08-26-2010 08:25 AM

Well isnt that just a big fawking load of poo!!!!

Lets hope that someoneon here has a better answer then go see the dealer LOL

What about all the guys who have Ryan port the throttle bodies there not having any problems with them running right are they...

Asativa 08-26-2010 11:44 AM

damn bro! this detail is gonna end up costing you alot! ok so most likely the issue is with the throttle body itself. its been my experience also that they are definately a no touch no clean item. if your lucky u can use a scan tool to recalibrate it, more than likely ull have to get a new throttle body tho. at least in my limited experience with a 5.7. i do not know of any way to calibrate it without a scan tool, just like ur passenger seat. sorry, but i hope i helped
andy

psycojeep 08-27-2010 12:13 PM

Update:

So I went to see my uncle who owns a shop and he went ahead and reset the throttle body and so far so good....

Asativa 08-27-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycojeep (Post 260117)
Update:

So I went to see my uncle who owns a shop and he went ahead and reset the throttle body and so far so good....

:thumbsup:NIIICE

DJ BoNiOmArIo 08-27-2010 02:30 PM

glad to hear

psycojeep 08-27-2010 09:04 PM

Well I guess I spoke to soon time for a new throttle body....