Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   Throttle Body Help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/throttle-body-help-12342.html)

psycojeep 08-27-2010 09:06 PM

Throttle Body Help

So I am in need of a new Throttle Body for my 5.7 HEMI..

Any Suggestions I am going to need it ASAP so I am thinking about going with the Fastman stock replacment...

Who has one and what do they think...............

Scottina06 08-27-2010 09:28 PM

Re: Throttle Body Help

fastmans TB's are top notch quality and dyno proven

psycojeep 08-28-2010 07:02 PM

Ok thanks for the heads up.. I emailed him to see how fast I can get one I need it asap as I am taking a road trip over the holiday. The dealer can get me one by tuesday but they want $200 for theres so hopefully fastman can get it as quick

Later

Scottina06 08-28-2010 07:13 PM

his number is on hois website. He's a cool guy...give him a call

amw5 08-28-2010 07:36 PM

Just test fit a Flyin Ryan Tb...84mm. It worked great and I actually had to reduce some of the airflow that my tune was providing my cam at idle and part throttle, due to the increased volume of the new TB. I noticed a difference in the idle as soon as I swapped the stock unit out. Throttle response is a bit better as well.

My unit was the prototype, but I'm sure Ryan can hook you up, now that he knows it works well.

psycojeep 08-28-2010 07:53 PM

I would take one of his but he is out of cores and I need one ASAP. I contacted Ryan 1st to see what he had.

Asativa 08-28-2010 08:03 PM

Damn bro so I guess the calibration didn't work after all?

psycojeep 08-28-2010 08:06 PM

unfortunatly not...And since its my only famoly car I have to drive it so its getting worse and throwing more codes...I'm up to 4 now

P0607
P2173
P2110
P061c

and what does all that spell......

Fawked up TB

Asativa 08-28-2010 08:11 PM

Haha ya man that sux! Sorry to hear it. I was pretty sure it was gonna need one after reading the other post, but was happy for ya when u posted that calibrating it worked. O well live n learn! At least ur upgrading!

FlyinRyan 09-22-2010 02:29 AM

Update on this, please.

psycojeep 09-22-2010 08:18 PM

Update Update Update

I am sorry for the long delay.....

So I decided on the fastman standard ported TB... Let me tell you the customer service was outstanding I ordered the new unit on sunday and he got right to it monday and shipped the same day. I recieved the new throttle body on Thursday installed it that night in about 10 min and was up and running like never before.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...dardMod847.jpg

The results....

Throttle response = much inproved via the But dyno
MPG also much improved I took a 1000 mile trip after installing the new TB and averaged 21MPG when the best I could ever get before was 17MPG Now I can't attribute ths all to the TB since I also changed the plugs and installed fresh synthetic oil.

Its been about 3 weeks or so since the install and I have noticed that the improved performance has tamed down a bit now that the computer has re reprogrammed its self but there is still some improvment.

I would deffinetly recomend one of theses to anybody because there is a good advantage to having one and once you have the trifecta ( exhaust, intake & tune) Im sure you would be very happy ( this is where I'm heading as soon as the funds are there)

Now a question o all of you.......

I have my old TB does anyone know anybody that repairs the electronics on these? I would love to get it repaired and ported if this is a possiblity.

FlyinRyan 12-09-2010 04:38 AM

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was thinking about your issue and I'm glad it was resolved.

I may get ahold of you...if you're willing to sell that core, I may use it for R&D purposes.